2022 F Isaac Traudt - Virginia->Creighton

23 hours ago, busticket said:

Not great news but who here would have thought we’d land a top 20 recruiting class WITHOUT Hunter Sallis in the fold?

Disappointing if true but we’ll be fine.  And once the wins start coming the instate kids will too. 

Did you see Hunter’s ranking in the most recent Rivals 150? Biiiig drop. No longer a 5-star.

2 hours ago, jayschool said:

Wrong Wahoo. Oh well. Maybe an ACC-B1G challenge game featuring Simeon and CJ Wilcher for the Huskers and Mr. Traudt for the Cavaliers.

Was thinking the same thing about Wahoo. I don’t blame him, but think of how much of a legend a Nebraska kid leading Husker Hoops to glory would be. Too bad! The ones, who are here now before we break through, will always be the players I respect the most.  

22 hours ago, CanadianHusker said:

Was thinking the same thing about Wahoo. I don’t blame him, but think of how much of a legend a Nebraska kid leading Husker Hoops to glory would be. Too bad! The ones, who are here now before we break through, will always be the players I respect the most.  

I always go back to my time living in Colorado, specifically about 25 years ago when Chauncey Billups scorned all the "blue bloods" to play for the Buffs. He didn't have to, but he wanted to play in front of his family and boost the home state university. Here's hoping Nebraska's next five-star won't have such a difficult decision to make.

Wow.  You weren’t kidding.  Did they just figure out he is a guard that can’t consistently hit three pointers?

They did figure out he’s not a point guard. Which he’d been inexplicably listed as on their site for a couple of years. Rivals also lost his biggest fan when it came to National guys when Eric Bossi left there. Two contributing factors to the drop I’d say

8 hours ago, Cowboy Kermit said:

They did figure out he’s not a point guard. Which he’d been inexplicably listed as on their site for a couple of years. Rivals also lost his biggest fan when it came to National guys when Eric Bossi left there. Two contributing factors to the drop I’d say

So Gonzaga scored a commit from a non-point guard who lacks consistent 3-point range.

Yeah, we used to do that all the time.

50 minutes ago, Swan88 said:

Forget the grapes.

The good thing about Traudt's commitment is that everyone, including the coaching staff, can move on to other prospects with 100% intensity--and other great prospects are aplenty.

Imagine the difference if Traudt had followed-through on his prior suggestion of waiting until Spring to commit.

I understand that everyone would rather do it with 'Home-Grown' kids.   But Fred Hoiberg is not letting the fact they're opting to go out-of-state faze him in the least.  He has assembled what is probably one of the most talented teams most of us have ever seen and is recruiting more top talent than ever before.

• hhcmatt changed the title to 2022 F Isaac Traudt - Virginia
  • 1 year later...

Seems like too much smoke for him not to be leaving Virginia at this point. But, the story was that he and his family weren't fans of McDermott as the recruiting process went on. Curious if these talking heads have any actual information on Traudt to Creighton, or if they're just assuming because his girlfriend goes there. 

15 minutes ago, TheGov21 said:

Someone told me Sharpe said that Hunter may be looking to leave Gonzaga and then I saw last night that someone was saying there was a rumor that Chucky may be leaving Wisconsin.

How fun would it be if all three ended up at Nebraska

We should utilize Griesel for some peer recruiting and I am not kidding!!!  He seems like he would do anything for the program and he has a great story to tell.

19 minutes ago, TheGov21 said:

Someone told me Sharpe said that Hunter may be looking to leave Gonzaga and then I saw last night that someone was saying there was a rumor that Chucky may be leaving Wisconsin.

It’s fun to dream. We need a PG, athletic wing, and versatile big. So they would be exactly what we need.

I’ve heard Traudt to Creighton is going to happen unfortunately. It will be interesting to see how it shakes out 

37 minutes ago, TheGov21 said:

From what I've heard Hunter coming back to the state of Nebraska isn't likely. 

1 hour ago, Art Vandalay said:

It’s fun to dream. We need a PG, athletic wing, and versatile big. So they would be exactly what we need.

I’ve heard Traudt to Creighton is going to happen unfortunately. It will be interesting to see how it shakes out 

His girlfriend attends Creighton so could easily see him ending up there.