2022 F Isaac Traudt - Virginia->Creighton

5 hours ago, 73CAV said:

But there are good reasons aplenty to matriculate at Mr. Jefferson's University! 😀

I mean, I like Lee as much as the next great, great grandson of a Union soldier, sure, but we kicked his rebel ass, and I just don't see a good reason to talk about the state to which he held allegiance more dearly than this country, or the university which bears the name of that confederate commonwealth, on this forum.

And I'll grant you there are good reasons to matriculate at that particular university. (Of course, "matriculate" might be the single-most pretentious verb in the English language, but that's for another day, and thank you for using it.) That school would be especially attractive if you are a young basketball player who likes a defense-oriented system with a slow-it-down, plodding, glacial offensive scheme.

If, at the end of his career, Mr. Traudt would like to have recorded more forced shot-clock violations than points scored, then, by all means, he should *matriculate* to the school where offense is an afterthought.

But, I suspect a guy who can shoot the ball would actually like to, you know, shoot the ball. And score some points.

And that will be a lot more likely in the city that adopted the name of the 16th President than in the state that fled the Union and took Lee with them.

By the way, did you know that, last year, Virginia ranked 347th in the NCAA in tempo?

I imagine their fans at the end of games are like "good gawd, just make it end!"

Nebraska was 42nd in tempo.

Boy, if Nebraska could just find some guys who can shoot the rock, their scoring would explode.

Hey, wait, I think Isaac Traudt is just such a person.

Hold up.  Do we actually have a UVA troll on this thead?  I didn't realize there even was such a thing.  Does this mean we've made the big time?  I'm personally taking this as a sign of validation that the program has turned around.

Also, I hate to break some bad news @Norm Peterson, but I'm pretty sure our new troll was referring to Thomas Jefferson, not Jefferson Davis or Robert E Lee.  That being said, Thomas Jefferson was an overrated, French boot lickin', hypocritical narcissist.  So that doesn't exactly sway the pendulum very much in the Commonwealth's favor.

Edited by aphilso1

23 hours ago, aphilso1 said:

Hold up.  Do we actually have a UVA troll on this thead?  I didn't realize there even was such a thing.  Does this mean we've made the big time?  I'm personally taking this as a sign of validation that the program has turned around.

I checked-out a couple of the UVA boards.  I can see why he drifted over here.  As a Cavalier, he's already established that he's a traitor.  But honestly, I also expected a higher level of interest in their team from their fanbase. 

Maybe they just go to the games because they serve beer there?

From the Wiki entry:

"While there is no evidence that the nickname stems from the wahoo fish, it is often claimed by students that a "wahoo is a type of bass fish that is capable [of] drinking twice its weight"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wahoos

10 hours ago, Swan88 said:

With apologies to the dedicated Virginia fans on this board, if I’m a recruit with blue-blood possibilities, Virginia isn’t on my list of blue-blood schools—not an honorable mention or even an also-ran.

Coach K and Roy Williams are gone and Kansas is in limboland with realignment, so those bluebloods aren't what they used to be. Bennett has a national title is generally regarded as one of the top 5 coaches in college basketball. 

I'd say most kids would consider Va a top-level offer.

On 8/9/2021 at 10:05 PM, MitchMcGaryMunchies said:

As a Cavalier, he's already established that he's a traitor. 

Presumably, you must think the term "Cavalier" ts a reference to the American Civil War.  It is not.  It is a reference to the fact that the colony of Virginia remained loyal to the House of Stuart during Cromwell's reign.  Upon taking the throne, Charles II recognized Virginia's support by calling it his "Old Dominion".  Also, the English Parliament which was elected in 1661 after Charles II was crowned was known as "the Cavalier Parliament".  Finally, you need to search a bit harder.  While the UVa Rivals and 24/7 boards are relatively inactive, there are others which see a great deal of traffic.

21 minutes ago, Swan88 said:

At the risk of providing additional TMI ("too much information"), a "cavalier" back in Charles II's time (the mid-1600s) was known to many as "several sorts of Malignant Men, . . . ready to commit all manner of Outrage and Violence."

Only the Presbyterians thought that! 😀  Now, if you want to be thought of as a "Roundhead"....

Edited by 73CAV

Why in the ever loving shit do we have a Virginia Cavalier fan posting on our board?  Go away!  Shoo!!

I cannot think of anything more pathetic than posting on other teams' recruiting message boards.  Well, maybe tweeting at some high school kids begging them to go to school at a college I like...maybe.