2022 F Isaac Traudt - Virginia->Creighton

Good Article!!!!

https://nebraska.n.rivals.com/news/now-aau-teammates-traudt-and-green-bonding-on-off-the-court

Grand Island forward Isaac Traudt and Millard North forward Jasen Green are the top basketball prospects in the state, and both are at the top of Nebraska’s 2022 recruiting board.
It also turned out that Traudt took on the role of recruiter to convince Green to leave the EYBL MoKan Elite program and join Nebraska Supreme. “Yeah, I helped a little bit,” Traudt said.

Traudt has scheduled an official visit with the Huskers on June 4-6, while Green locked in a trip to Lincoln on June 11-13.

While the recruiting talk has been limited so far, Traudt and Green have already discussed their respective opportunities at Nebraska.

I was able to watch Isaac Traudt play in person for the first time in AAU tournament this past weekend.  He is the real deal as his ball handling skills for a 6' 10" center are pretty amazing.  He played PG and brought the ball up the floor most the game.  I'm sure he will have his pick of any school he wants to go to so probably a longshot that NU will land him but there is always an outside shot.

6 hours ago, kldm64 said:

I was able to watch Isaac Traudt play in person for the first time in AAU tournament this past weekend.  He is the real deal as his ball handling skills for a 6' 10" center are pretty amazing.  He played PG and brought the ball up the floor most the game.  I'm sure he will have his pick of any school he wants to go to so probably a longshot that NU will land him but there is always an outside shot.

The problem is we’re not all that good at the outside shot. 

• 5 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Cowboy Kermit said:

Sautter notes that Traudt liked how much Fred and Co. have made him a priority as well as the family atmosphere within the program. Says that Nebraska definitely made some gains in his recruitment with this visit.

That's good to hear, because Sauter was on the radio about 12 months ago and basically laughed at the idea NU had any shot with him, because NU wasn't recruiting him hard at all.

Having Hoiberg personally take over his recruitment was a genius move & gives us a shot here.

47 minutes ago, huskerbill85 said:

I think he ends up at UVA which is so random 

15 minutes ago, millerhusker said:

He’s talks often about wanting to play in a spread out, fast paced offense that will utilize his versatile skillset. I don’t know if he’ll end up at Nebraska, but Virginia certainly doesn’t fit that description. 

Virginia is an oddity.  I've never heard a kid say "I really want to play for a school that runs a slow, plodding offense and forces me to expend 75% of my energy on the defensive end of the floor."  And yet they get more than their fair share of guys who would thrive in an up-tempo offense, but then teach them to buckle down on D and play efficient offense.