2022 F Isaac Traudt - Virginia->Creighton

1 minute ago, Minnesota_Husker said:

You have never heard this before?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope never heard it.  And it makes no sense.  You're trying to say that wishing gets you nowhere (or at least I think that's what you're trying to say) but the analogy would actually prove the opposite. 

I can wish for things all day and fill up that hand pretty fast.  Doesn't mean the wishes will come true.  But point remains, an optimist is going to quickly fill up their wishing hand while a pessimist will fill up the other one and and have an empty wishing hand.  So end result is a pessimist covered in poo and an optimist covered in glittery unicorn wishes  (I'm assuming that's what the physical form of wishes would look like).  I have to think you intended the opposite result.

So yeah, it's a really weird analogy since it proves the opposite of the point you're trying to make.

5 minutes ago, jayschool said:

I'm not a movie or TV guy so no surprise that I haven't seen whatever show that is.  I still stand by my statement that the analogy disproves the speaker's point, and as such it's a crappy (pun intended) analogy.

17 minutes ago, aphilso1 said:

Nope never heard it.  And it makes no sense.  You're trying to say that wishing gets you nowhere (or at least I think that's what you're trying to say) but the analogy would actually prove the opposite. 

I can wish for things all day and fill up that hand pretty fast.  Doesn't mean the wishes will come true.  But point remains, an optimist is going to quickly fill up their wishing hand while a pessimist will fill up the other one and and have an empty wishing hand.  So end result is a pessimist covered in poo and an optimist covered in glittery unicorn wishes  (I'm assuming that's what the physical form of wishes would look like).  I have to think you intended the opposite result.

So yeah, it's a really weird analogy since it proves the opposite of the point you're trying to make.

What that analogy means is stuff you wish for never happens so that hand is empty.  $hit happens all the time.  Full hand.

Hoiberg has taken the reigns on his recruitment and I believe he's putting more time and energy into recruiting Traudt than he has any other player. They've built a strong relationship. He wasn't able to do that with Hunter, although Hunter was probably destined for a big time program, regardless. Traudt might not come here, but if he was 100% not coming here, why would he still be doing regular Zoom calls and watching film with Hoiberg? I'm also holding out hope. 

Nah, you don’t get it. That’s cool. Keep hoping and wishing for things to fall in your lap.

The analogy works just fine.

Enjoy your glittery unicorn wishes of Isaac Troudt when he is playing for Michigan State.

13 minutes ago, Minnesota_Husker said:

Nah, you don’t get it. That’s cool. Keep hoping and wishing for things to fall in your lap.

Enjoy your glittery unicorn wishes of Isaac Troudt when he is playing for Michigan State.

Not sure why Izzo is wasting his time just wishing for things to fall into his lap, because Traudt is 100% not going to Michigan State. 

14 hours ago, Minnesota_Husker said:

Hope in one hand

Crap in another

Let me know which one fills up first.

1 hour ago, busticket said:

What that analogy means is stuff you wish for never happens so that hand is empty.  $hit happens all the time.  Full hand.

1 hour ago, Minnesota_Husker said:

If the analogy said "You've got fulfilled wishes in one hand and crappy things that happen to you in the other; let me know know which hand fills first" then I'd agree.  But you didn't say that.  Not even remotely.  English is hard, I guess.

Instead, you recommended to wish in one hand or defecate in the other.  Well that's a pretty easy decision.  Call me Jiminy Cricket if you must, but given those two choices I'm wishin' by my lucky stars all day.  

1 hour ago, Minnesota_Husker said:

Except in this case it really doesn't. 

aphilso1 can't do anything to get Troudt to come to Nebraska other than wish; it's literally out of his hands (regardless if those hands are filled with wishes or crap). The only thing for him (or any of us, really) to do on this front is wish. We can't do anything else.

If he's just wishing for a job promotion rather than trying to get one (something he is in control of), then it works. But here? Not so much.

On 4/13/2021 at 8:05 PM, Minnesota_Husker said:

He isn’t coming here. Don’t need inside information to know that.

Hope in one hand

Crap in another

Let me know which one fills up first.

Just remind me that when I met you I shake the correct hand!💩🤚