2022 F Isaac Traudt - Virginia->Creighton

On 12/18/2020 at 3:03 PM, Art Vandalay said:

Someone mentioned Bolt is the only coach recruiting local kids but that is not true. Frost has hit the local kids hard but not going to get them all.

I said “values” recruiting local kids. Like believes we have the talent in Nebraska to build on. Just because they had a zoom meeting recently does that mean we are putting the full court press on Traudt and are one of a handful of schools that are recruiting him the hardest. Chucky probably fits better at Wisconsin than he does in Lincoln. Wisconsin year in and year out puts out tough teams. We definitely don’t. But getting a kid like that in your program can help build that mindset. 

Cole Payton had offers if he wanted them. He’s just a throw back. He gave his word and commitment to NDSU. And he doesn’t feel the need to go out on Twitter and publicize everything. Dickerson we kept recruiting (which was smart), but at the time Minnesota completely put more effort into recruiting him than we did. We were still celebrating the 4* kids we got out of Florida that in a few months would all leave.

Just because I’m criticizing doesn’t mean everything is bad. They obviously did a great job on Fidone, Teddy and Bretz. I love the Bretz kid. I’m happy to see Fred start to recruit HS kids. I’d love to see Traudt alongside Wilhelm. 

And yes, John Cook definitely values recruiting local kids. He’s at a completely different level than any coach at NU and it’s not even close. We have the equivalent of an Urban Meyer or Nick Saban coaching our VB team. I’d argue that he’s a top 10 coach in the country in all sports. I was referring to the main three men’s sports though. 

1 hour ago, Jugular said:

I said “values” recruiting local kids. Like believes we have the talent in Nebraska to build on. Just because they had a zoom meeting recently does that mean we are putting the full court press on Traudt and are one of a handful of schools that are recruiting him the hardest. Chucky probably fits better at Wisconsin than he does in Lincoln. Wisconsin year in and year out puts out tough teams. We definitely don’t. But getting a kid like that in your program can help build that mindset. 

Cole Payton had offers if he wanted them. He’s just a throw back. He gave his word and commitment to NDSU. And he doesn’t feel the need to go out on Twitter and publicize everything. Dickerson we kept recruiting (which was smart), but at the time Minnesota completely put more effort into recruiting him than we did. We were still celebrating the 4* kids we got out of Florida that in a few months would all leave.

Just because I’m criticizing doesn’t mean everything is bad. They obviously did a great job on Fidone, Teddy and Bretz. I love the Bretz kid. I’m happy to see Fred start to recruit HS kids. I’d love to see Traudt alongside Wilhelm. 

And yes, John Cook definitely values recruiting local kids. He’s at a completely different level than any coach at NU and it’s not even close. We have the equivalent of an Urban Meyer or Nick Saban coaching our VB team. I’d argue that he’s a top 10 coach in the country in all sports. I was referring to the main three men’s sports though. 

Cook has a recruiting hotbed in his home state.  Volleyball isn't as big in the south as it is up north Nd on the west coast.  Recruiting nebraska for volleyball is like recruiting hockey in Minnesota 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...