2022 F Isaac Traudt - Virginia->Creighton

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/1/2020 at 11:46 PM, The God of Thunder said:

When you’re paying someone almost $400,000 dollars a year to recruit and only recruit and you can’t even be on the radar of kids from your own state when the other Power Conference school in the state can have relationships with those same kids, and be in the discussion, then yes it matters.

We have one of the more complete rosters in school history after 1 year and are being heavily considered by a 5* recruit. We'll be fine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

From what's been shared in here (primarily him being an OU fan), I'm not holding my breath on this one. Would be a PERFECT fit. There's 6 open for that 2022 class right now and he has to be atop the list I'd hasn't to imagine. 

Winning will solve a lot of this guessing also. 

• 5 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Jugular said:

Bolt seems to be the only coach in Lincoln that values recruiting local kids

Fred kept local kid, who then chose to take his ball and go elsewhere.  Fred tried to recruit a Omaha kid and didn't make his top 11.  There has been communication here, maybe Traudt told Fred and company they didn't have a chance (speculation on this).  Isn't there at least one more kid from Omaha Fred is looking at?  Which Div 1 football players did we not look at?

13 minutes ago, colhusker said:

Fred kept local kid, who then chose to take his ball and go elsewhere.  Fred tried to recruit a Omaha kid and didn't make his top 11.  There has been communication here, maybe Traudt told Fred and company they didn't have a chance (speculation on this).  Isn't there at least one more kid from Omaha Fred is looking at?  Which Div 1 football players did we not look at?

Jasen Green, who makes sense for us. 

44 minutes ago, colhusker said:

What he means by "values recruiting" is "lands."

Edited by atskooc

On 12/14/2020 at 12:46 PM, colhusker said:

Based on the interview, we weren’t listed as one of the schools that were recruiting Traudt the hardest. He hasn’t trimmed a list down. I don’t know, I’d be busting my ass off recruiting a local stud that would fit perfectly in our offense. We didn’t effort real hard on Chucky and I’d sure as hell want a tough PG that competes his ass off. Until we start recruiting guys that our opponents think: “that’s a tough SOB” we will continue to suck.

Fred chose to “keep” Williams but the writing was on the wall when they saint actively recruit him. They didn’t really recruit Murrell. I’ve heard it’s been minimal on Green even though he has an offer. Hope I’m wrong there. But Fred didn’t recruit the state of Iowa when he was at ISU either. 

D1 kids for football...we didn’t effort very hard on Keagan. I think we made some assumptions there. Kid will be a stud for Iowa. Cole Peyton. We may still get Dickerson, but I don’t believe that we were super aggressive in the spring. 

Edited by Jugular

10 hours ago, Jugular said:

Based on the interview, we weren’t listed as one of the schools that were recruiting Traudt the hardest. He hasn’t trimmed a list down. I don’t know, I’d be busting my ass off recruiting a local stud that would fit perfectly in our offense. We didn’t effort real hard on Chucky and I’d sure as hell want a tough PG that competes his ass off. Until we start recruiting guys that our opponents think: “that’s a tough SOB” we will continue to suck.

Fred chose to “keep” Williams but the writing was on the wall when they saint actively recruit him. They didn’t really recruit Murrell. I’ve heard it’s been minimal on Green even though he has an offer. Hope I’m wrong there. But Fred didn’t recruit the state of Iowa when he was at ISU either. 

D1 kids for football...we didn’t effort very hard on Keagan. I think we made some assumptions there. Kid will be a stud for Iowa. Cole Peyton. We may still get Dickerson, but I don’t believe that we were super aggressive in the spring. 

And yet, it's reported that on December 14, mere days ago, Fred and his entire staff had a zoom meeting with Traudt.

Someone's information somewhere must be off, because it sure as heck looks to me like we're recruiting him and he's still entertaining our offer.

10 hours ago, Jugular said:

A lot of conjecture here. In Jasen Green’s most recent Rivals article, he said “I’m focused on building a good relationship with the coaches. I talk to them all the time.” 
Right now there are 3 unsigned players in the state who can definitely play at a high level (Sallis, Green and Traudt) and by all accounts we have recruited all three. Traudt and Sallis have options to play nearly anywhere in the country. If they don’t want to play for Nebraska, then so be it. I doubt Bryce McGowens signing with Nebraska means Frank Martin doesn’t care about recruiting SC kids.

Chucky has never cared to stay close to home. Earlier in his recruitment, when Miles was still our coach, he had said Oregon was his favorite. 

There’s a reason Fred didn’t want Williams. If Fred doesn’t think he could play here, why recruit him?

Cole Peyton has zero power 5 offers. If Frost offered a quarterback from any other state who had no other power 5 offers, he would be ridiculed. 
Disagree on Dickerson, he was a priority all along. 

3 hours ago, millerhusker said:

A lot of conjecture here. In Jasen Green’s most recent Rivals article, he said “I’m focused on building a good relationship with the coaches. I talk to them all the time.” 
Right now there are 3 unsigned players in the state who can definitely play at a high level (Sallis, Green and Traudt) and by all accounts we have recruited all three. Traudt and Sallis have options to play nearly anywhere in the country. If they don’t want to play for Nebraska, then so be it. I doubt Bryce McGowens signing with Nebraska means Frank Martin doesn’t care about recruiting SC kids.

Chucky has never cared to stay close to home. Earlier in his recruitment, when Miles was still our coach, he had said Oregon was his favorite. 

There’s a reason Fred didn’t want Williams. If Fred doesn’t think he could play here, why recruit him?

Cole Peyton has zero power 5 offers. If Frost offered a quarterback from any other state who had no other power 5 offers, he would be ridiculed. 
Disagree on Dickerson, he was a priority all along. 

Chucky said Oregon and Creighton were two of his dream schools growing up. Wisconsin recruited him harder than either of the local schools, selling him on becoming the next Jordan Taylor and playing alongside Matthew Mors (who both local schools cooled on as well). I think Chucky would have been just fine staying home if things had played out differently. 

4 minutes ago, Jacob Padilla said:

Chucky said Oregon and Creighton were two of his dream schools growing up. Wisconsin recruited him harder than either of the local schools, selling him on becoming the next Jordan Taylor and playing alongside Matthew Mors (who both local schools cooled on as well). I think Chucky would have been just fine staying home if things had played out differently. 

The first time I saw Chucky play I thought of Jordan Taylor. He’s a great fit for Greg Gard and will be a really good college player.