Bill Withers Mattered

cipsucks

Our country, our state, our communities and families have all gone through one heck of a challenge these last four months.  Many have lost jobs, businesses and, sadly, family members.  If not directly affecting ourselves, we definitely know people it has.  Those are the people I'd like to focus on with this thread.

For all the caring people on this board, and I truly know it's all of you, please nominate someone you know that has gone through a living hell in 2020 that could use a hand up.  Give a brief explanation of the situation but please don't give names.  What we'll do is pick one person from all the submissions and give them $500 of Nebraska Star Beef.  You can upvote on the entries, it will have a part in deciding the winner.  In case we have a lot of entries, I can see a lot of second place winners.  If the entry you submitted wins, I'll PM you for details where we can get the winner their winnings.

I’d like to share a short Bill Withers story. KFAN in Mpls had a morning show hosted by Paul Allen who is the voice of the Vikings. He’s a huge Withers fan & often plays “Lovely Day” as his bumper music. He had Bill on for a rare interview & asked him why he quit recording/performing. Bill said that all performing was, was “showing off” & he was tired of showing off...