Condensed Fall Semester

I like it. I'm advocating that the U of Iowa do that AND delay the start of spring semester until at least late February and subsidize a Hawaii condo for all faculty over 57 years of age during the break to allow for a complete focus on spring curricula.

On edit: Oh, and to keep safe from the 'Rona, too.

Edited by jayschool

On 5/29/2020 at 6:23 PM, Handy Johnson said:

UNL is skipping “fall break” in order to shorten the semester & minimize travel in an effort to deal with Covid-19. Just saw this on the news & have NO idea how it will directly affect the Sports schedule, but it has to be taken into account...

Rules will be changed this season so the whole season (including tournaments) will last a total of 35 days beginning to end with one game played a day. 

Edited by Nighthawk

1 hour ago, Handy Johnson said:

They’ll have to announce any changes SOON especially regarding Football/Volleyball... ISU is allowing “only” 22,000 into Jack Trice Stadium which would actually be a typical crowd for every game other than Iowa.

My brother in law is a Texas fan, I took him to their game in Ames last fall for his birthday and it was sold out. The only other time I was there was a Nebraska game, the OT game where Eric Hagg saved us by thwarting a fake extra point. It was also sold out.

3 hours ago, Vinny said:

My brother in law is a Texas fan, I took him to their game in Ames last fall for his birthday and it was sold out. The only other time I was there was a Nebraska game, the OT game where Eric Hagg saved us by thwarting a fake extra point. It was also sold out.

Oh I know, I was just talking “smack” I went to every Husker game there from ‘94 thru ‘02. Here’s a good one, what’s I-S-U stand for? I Screwed Up!