OWH article

Bugeaters1

57 minutes ago, Bugeaters1 said:

Did anyone catch Sam's article on the women's basketball team yesterday? Sounds as if there was some chemistry issues lack of leadership and no juice

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I'll have to try to access that.  Respectfully I say, all of that I guessed to be true, if not saw evidence for it.

In my opinion, the constant rotation of players in and out hurts performance and morale.  Why pull a player when she and the team are going well?  Timeouts last forever and then there is the quarter break.  Play your best players more and play people who are playing well in that game.  If you are not producing stay on the pines and prove yourself in practice.

The counterpoint might be that morale would be good due to playing time for more. Again, it’s just my viewpoint.

The way Amy coaches she should have full court press going the whole 40 minutes and we never pressed what so ever. I just don't like the way she coaches for a power 5 school. I love her as a coach because you can tell she is very passionate about the game. I love sitting right behind the bench and watching her coach. She is very fun to watch. But I just don't think the way she plays the game will ever work in the power 5 conference. I think it worked at the previous school because there was a lot less talented kids in the conference overall.

Nebraska has the money go find a legit big contender from a better girls basketball school and steal them. I wish we would just got it done and over with this year. But I am guessing the way the roster is shaking out it will happen this coming year sadly.

If you are going to have success in the B1G you need to bring your "A" game as a coach. I think Sam made a point that when we joined while the B1G was good it got a whole lot tougher once Maryland, and Rutgers came into the league. While Amy has had success before coming to NE that does not go to say the same will happen here. After two years of not meeting their own expectations this year will be critical for her. Another year similar to the last two and it really gets difficult. As I said in my earlier post I hope they can come together and turn this around. 

• 2 months later...

Another Omaha World Hearld article in today's paper.

Mostly about Cain, and her perspective on team. She said it pretty plainly, poor chemistry developed on last years team....some weren't happy with playing time, etc.  Didn't  go into details really, but it isn't hard to figure out. She cleared the air essentially,

But she's very happy with the "new" team. All the girls are getting along fine and it's refreshing to have everyone on the same page.  With  a common goal to improve the team, and work together.

So it just may well be a fun team again. Like every season, it will be fun to watch....there will be lots of changes and newbies to blend into a working tram. Maybe more so than some years....

but Cain seems to be pretty happy about what's happening.  She taking a new leadership role and seems to enjoy it.

1 hour ago, redsteve said:

Another Omaha World Hearld article in today's paper.

Mostly about Cain, and her perspective on team. She said it pretty plainly, poor chemistry developed on last years team....some weren't happy with playing time, etc.  Didn't  go into details really, but it isn't hard to figure out. She cleared the air essentially,

But she's very happy with the "new" team. All the girls are getting along fine and it's refreshing to have everyone on the same page.  With  a common goal to improve the team, and work together.

So it just may well be a fun team again. Like every season, it will be fun to watch....there will be lots of changes and newbies to blend into a working tram. Maybe more so than some years....

but Cain seems to be pretty happy about what's happening.  She taking a new leadership role and seems to enjoy it.

Wonser who wasn't happy with PT.And you wonder if her floks had a bug in her ear?