NCAA approves voluntary activities for football, wbb...

whoopdeedoo

20 hours ago, HUD said:

But they effectively put off the one time transfer rule for a year which means we will probably be without Cravens and Dillard this season unless they get a waiver.  May be shallow on depth.  Keep everyone healthy.

i could be wrong, but, isn't that for the "vote to change" the rule and does not apply to this years transfers?

wrong---still going to need waiver

The NCAA Division I Council took a step toward eventually allowing one-time transfers immediate eligibility in basketball, football, baseball and hockey on Wednesday by approving a measure that calls for the development of new transfer legislation. However, any new rules governing what would be a landmark change to NCAA protocol won't go into effect this year, meaning transferring players in those sports will still need waivers if they are going to be eligible in the 2020-21 academic year, according to Stadium's Brett McMurphy.

The council's decision to delay implementing a rules change allowing all one-time transfers immediate eligibility was the expected outcome after the NCAA Board of Directors recommended last month against changes to the transfer-waiver process "at this time." The development of the new legislation is expected to be a complicated and time-consuming effort at a time when athletic departments are already stretched thin as the COVID-19 crisis continues.

Edited by whoopdeedoo

15 hours ago, All About the Corn said:

Hopefully they will both be able to get a wavier. 

Very important especially for post/forward Cravens since we only have 3 bigs.  If not granted a waiver we will have to get at least another player from some where.  Too bad Mitchell doesn't have another year.

On 5/20/2020 at 8:57 PM, HUD said:

But they effectively put off the one time transfer rule for a year which means we will probably be without Cravens and Dillard this season unless they get a waiver.  May be shallow on depth.  Keep everyone healthy.

So no Leigha Brown in a go blue uniy next year YEAH!!!!!!

18 hours ago, Bugeaters1 said:

So no Leigha Brown in a go blue uniy next year YEAH!!!!!!

I wouldn’t be surprised at all if Brown gets the waiver.  I think if an athlete cites the virus as a factor in their decision to transfer and the new school is closer to their family, the NCAA may be more likely to approve the waiver.

On 5/23/2020 at 8:42 AM, huskerchode said:

I wouldn’t be surprised at all if Brown gets the waiver.  I think if an athlete cites the virus as a factor in their decision to transfer and the new school is closer to their family, the NCAA may be more likely to approve the waiver.

That would be a cop out for her to say that. But I guess we know that that wasnt part of her decision. I mean Kate and Makenize both live father away than she does. And Kate had the shit. 

Edited by Bugeaters1

17 hours ago, Bugeaters1 said:

That would be a cop out for her to say that. But I guess we know that that wasnt part of her decision. I mean Kate and Makenize both live father away than she does. And Kate had the shit. 

good point.....

but, so hard to say what ncaa might do

Edited by whoopdeedoo