Think Yvan as slimmed

2 hours ago, jayschool said:

BTW, if he's 6-8, how tall is the woman?

The top of her head goes to about his bottom lip, right? My guess is Yvan is anywhere from 6 to 8 inches taller than her. Lol still doesnt help depict how tall Yvan or the young lady is.

2 hours ago, jayschool said:

BTW, if he's 6-8, how tall is the woman?

If we look closely, we will notice that her hips are about 4 inches below his, and the top of her head appears to be about 8 inches below his.  Also, he's standing pretty straight upright while she's leaning in to him a little bit so adjusting for the slope of the beach and factor in the sun angle and the direction of the wind lets put her at about 5'11 to 6'1"

30 minutes ago, 49r said:

If we look closely, we will notice that her hips are about 4 inches below his, and the top of her head appears to be about 8 inches below his.  Also, he's standing pretty straight upright while she's leaning in to him a little bit so adjusting for the slope of the beach and factor in the sun angle and the direction of the wind lets put her at about 5'11 to 6'1"

On 6/17/2020 at 5:11 PM, 49r said:

Good math skills. FIBA's got her listed as 6'1" 

https://www.fiba.basketball/europe/u16women/2019/player/Clara-Djoko

2 hours ago, Shawn Eichorst's Toupee said:

Good math skills. FIBA's got her listed as 6'1" 

https://www.fiba.basketball/europe/u16women/2019/player/Clara-Djoko

The average height of a human head is about 9 inches.* I'm assuming they're both standing normally. It looks like he could just barely rest his chin on top of her head.

In which case, he might very well have grown over the off-season and is now roughly his listed height.

In other words, he could be 6'9" now.

http://www.exatas.ufpr.br/portal/degraf_marcio/wp-content/uploads/sites/13/2014/10/Catapan_Marcio_ID970.pdf

Edited by Norm Peterson

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Holy smokes! He's clearly improved his explosiveness. I might have to change my starting lineup projections. (He has to get back here first, though.)

I just came to post this very thing!  Can't say I ever expected to see this from Yvan!  Color me impressed!!!

1 hour ago, Norm Peterson said:

Holy smokes! He's clearly improved his explosiveness. I might have to change my starting lineup projections. (He has to get back here first, though.)

It sort of reminded me of when Roby showed off his hops the summer before his sophomore year.

Edited by rwhiston

On 7/9/2020 at 2:52 PM, Huskerpapa said:

Without exaggeration, that young man totally transformed his body.  He has had to added a foot to his vertical as well.  Wow, just wow.

Not only additional height but he will be quicker on the bounce.   That can make a big difference.  

Another by-product of this transformation should be more confidence and with that an elimination of small hesitations and  more confidence on the catch and the subsequent following offensive move.   

Great work Yvan!

Edited by REDitus

56 minutes ago, uneblinstu said:

According to Coach Hoiberg he's dropped 25 lbs.

So if we go by last years stats he is now about 235lbs and 6'9''. I've always been a little more optimistic about his ceiling than most. Cautiously optimistic, but still. I am starting to become giddy about this kid. If, like Norm assessed, his boulder hands (my words) become a little more supple...oh boy!