2020/2021 WBB Roster

HUD

Yes, saw that...wow are we a young team!   One senior....Kate. But there's a nice mixture of talent on the roster too. 

Scoggins hopefully will have overcome all the injuries......has been a tough road for her. 

Can see probable starters......at least what I see as starters. Really a huge mix after that.

We'll be starting over as a team.   Maybe we needed a change.  Not so sure it's such a bad thing really. 

...But in the B1G that's a big deal

Going to a fun adventure. Coaches have they're  work cut out for them.  Let the team back on the court gov. !

1 hour ago, redsteve said:

Yes, saw that...wow are we a young team!   One senior....Kate. But there's a nice mixture of talent on the roster too. 

Scoggins hopefully will have overcome all the injuries......has been a tough road for her. 

Can see probable starters......at least what I see as starters. Really a huge mix after that.

We'll be starting over as a team.   Maybe we needed a change.  Not so sure it's such a bad thing really. 

Going to a fun adventure. Coaches have they're  work cut out for them.  Let the team back on the court gov. !

Kissinger would be a senior had she not gotten hurt and redshirted. Cayton is also older than her class.

Edited by Bugeaters1

On 5/14/2020 at 9:51 PM, redsteve said:

Not that young. Cain, Kissinger, Scoggin and Cayton all pretty seasoned. Cravens too.

13 minutes ago, swmckewon said:

Not that young. Cain, Kissinger, Scoggin and Cayton all pretty seasoned. Cravens too.

OK guys,  let's be realistic....change the word young for inexperienced if that says it better. Means the same thing to me.  We have one returning senior...and with the most floor time of any on the roster. 

Cain, Sam, and Kissenger are about the only ones that's played more than a full season of B1G basketball.  We lost a lot of players  to graduation and transfer,....they had lots of minutes played.  Can we competitive anyway ?    Certainly hope so.  Lots of possible combinations to put together a nice squad. 

11 hours ago, redsteve said:

OK guys,  let's be realistic....change the word young for inexperienced if that says it better. Means the same thing to me.  We have one returning senior...and with the most floor time of any on the roster.

I would look at it from a different perspective.  We have a variety of experience but not that much playing together under coach Williams system.  That will take time to blend.  Another thing is that we have 5 players that have had a lot of injuries so getting proper depth will hinge upon the NCAA voting this Wednesday to approve the new transfer rule.  The sooner all the players can get to campus and start conditioning and getting to know each other the better off we'll be.

I think @HUD has hit the nail on the head!   The critical issue is going to be the team Not being hobbled by health problems during the course of the season; more-so than inexperience (we're not) or lack of playing time together (we haven't).  We've all seen that even under the best of circumstances players can easily be injured or suffer debilitating health issues as a result of playing BB (think Rachel Theriot her Sr season, or Rachel Blackburn, and those are just a couple of examples). 

Healthwise we are probably one of the most fragile teams going into the season in the B1G.  For example: Taylor Kissinger, will she come back 100% from surgery and stay healthy;  MiCole Cayton, knee injuries; Mackenzie Helms, recovering from surgery; Trinity Brady, concussions.  I may be wrong but I think Getting, and Staying, healthy will be more critical to whatever success we have this season rather than experience, or team development.

Edited by Red Don