2020 C Eduardo Andre - Signed

23 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

According to the description, that was from a summer game played a year ago yesterday (5/11/19). Given the size of his opponents, I'm wondering if it was May of 2018 instead.

Here’s a tweet with a photo in which he looks much older:

2 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

Careful that you're not looking at his '16-'17 film when he would have been 15 yrs old. In the newer videos, I've seen him throw it down with relative ease.

I like what I've seen from his hands, so far. He has a soft catch and the ball doesn't bounce off his mitts while he's trying to catch the dish or rebound.

I think he and Stevenson are similar athletes in that they are of average explosiveness with very long arms.  Not complaining!  He's certainly athletic enough and his height looks legit.  I think he's a steal.  I wouldn't call him better than Sanogo, but he's definitely taller/longer and more of a true 5/rim protector/shot alterer, which we didn't have on the roster until Eduardo committed.  

I’d take a flyer on a 6’10” 220 lb athletic big man any day. Yeah, he’s not super explosive, but you don’t have to be in order to be effective at this level, at least not with that frame. I mean how many have had that body type and athleticism for us over the years? Not many. Most of our guys were either shorter or were slow-twitch. Pitchford? Friend? Hamilton? Ubel was a decent athlete but this kid pops out as more athletic than BU (although perhaps not the skill). But then again, we need a different kind of skill, post moves don’t matter near as much. 

Get him in our program,  get his nutrition right, and get him in the weight room. Give him a year practicing against some fairly physical dudes at a high level and let’s see what we got. 

1 hour ago, uneblinstu said:

I've only seen a little bit of this kid, so my opinion here should be taken fairly lightly, but what I saw reminded me of something between Jordy and Chris Ballham.

Ha!  Couldn’t you get Shang Ping and Sergej Vucetic into the comparison?  Jordy is way too thick and immobile (but fancied himself a three point shooter).  Balham is more of a linebacker (6’8” and 235).  Shang stood 6’10”, with 230, and Sergej stood 7’1”, with 235–both are better shade analogies.

Shooting

Year Grade Team GP Min Pts FGM FGA FG% PPS AFG%
Varsity Totals     32   331 137 243 56 1.4 57
18-19 Junior Varsity 23   283 117 201 58 1.4 58
17-18 Sophomore Varsity 9   48 20 42 48 1.1 49

Shooting Cont.

Year Grade Team GP Min Pts 3PM 3PA 3P% FTM FTA FT% 2FGM 2FGA 2FG%
Varsity Totals     32   331 1 7 14 56 89 63 136 236 58
18-19 Junior Varsity 23   283 0 3 0 49 76 64 117 198 59
17-18 Sophomore Varsity 9   48 1 4 25 7 13 54 19 38 50

Totals

Year Grade Team GP Min Pts OReb DReb Reb Ast Stl Blk TO PF
Varsity Totals     32   331 73 233 312 21 6 125 7  
18-19 Junior Varsity 23   283 63 196 265 14 3 98 7  
17-18 Sophomore Varsity 9   48 10 37 47 7 3 27  

Andre reminds me more of a cross between  Kelly Lively and Venson Hamilton than the others mentioned.   Long arms from Venson and Lively's running stride.   Andre's build would be the average of these 2. 

Edited by REDitus

14 hours ago, Swan88 said:

Here’s a tweet with a photo in which he looks much older:

The interview in that tweet was pretty good.  Gives a better idea of what Eduardo's thought process was in choosing Nebraska over the other P5 offers.  Also, lets you know a bit about what he was told to expect for this coming year -- namely, expect to have a big role because we "don't really have a big-time presence inside."  Some other tasty morsels in the interview too, but that's probably as much as should be shared on a public forum...pay up if you want to know the rest.

Perhaps the most amazing aspect of this signing is that this 6'10" guy seemingly drops out of nowhere into Fred's lap without a word or report of him mentioned by any of the media gurus or on this board which usually mentions anyone remotely interested in NU. This staff certainly plays things close to the vest when they want to. Probably to hide prospects from the Hurleys.

40 minutes ago, jimmykc said:

Perhaps the most amazing aspect of this signing is that this 6'10" guy seemingly drops out of nowhere into Fred's lap without a word or report of him mentioned by any of the media gurus or on this board which usually mentions anyone remotely interested in NU. This staff certainly plays things close to the vest when they want to. Probably to hide prospects from the Hurleys.

...and already some here have him penciled into the starting lineup as a major impact guy.   I'd imagine that by the end of the week we'll probably be talking all Big Ten honors and early draft entry...

15 hours ago, uneblinstu said:

I've only seen a little bit of this kid, so my opinion here should be taken fairly lightly, but what I saw reminded me of something between Jordy and Chris Ballham.

13 hours ago, Swan88 said:

Ha!  Couldn’t you get Shang Ping and Sergej Vucetic into the comparison?  Jordy is way too thick and immobile (but fancied himself a three point shooter).  Balham is more of a linebacker (6’8” and 235).  Shang stood 6’10”, with 230, and Sergej stood 7’1”, with 235–both are better shade analogies.

1 hour ago, REDitus said:

Andre reminds me more of a cross between  Kelly Lively and Venson Hamilton than the others mentioned.   Long arms from Venson and Lively's running stride.   Andre's build would be the average of these 2. 

All of you are wrong!  he's a cross between Muggsy Bogues and Gheorghe Muresan