WBB: Game #25 vs Ohio State

Row6Seat10

Nebraska Cornhuskers (18-6, 8-3 Big Ten) vs. Ohio State Buckeyes (14-10, 4-7 Big Ten)

Thursday, Feb. 14, 8:06 p.m.
Bob Devaney Sports Center (Lincoln, Neb.)

National TV: BTN (Kevin Kugler-PBP; Stephanie White-Analyst)
Promotion: Play4Kay Game (Wear Pink to Promote Cancer Awareness/Research)
Radio: 25-Station IMG College Husker Sports Network (PBP-Matt Coatney; Analyst-Jeff Griesch)
(KBBK 107.3 FM, Lincoln; KFFF 93.3 FM, Omaha; KRVN 880 AM, Lexington; KNEB 960 AM, KNEB 94.1 FM, Scottsbluff; KCOW 1400 AM, Alliance: KRFS 103.9 FM, Superior; KODY 1240 AM, North Platte)
Free Internet Audio: Huskers.com

4f4acc7552b40.preview-300.jpg

Huskers Return Home to Battle Buckeyes in Play4Kay Game

The Nebraska women's basketball team returns home after a successful two-game Big Ten road swing to battle Ohio State on Valentine's Day at the Bob Devaney Sports Center on Thursday night. Tip-off between the red-hot Huskers and the surging Buckeyes is set for 8:06 p.m.

Ohio State comes to Lincoln riding a three-game winning streak following a 59-52 win at Northwestern on Sunday. The Buckeyes have won three straight since dropping a 62-53 decision to the Huskers. OSU fell to 1-7 after the loss to Nebraska but is climbing the conference standings after wins over Indiana, Wisconsin and the Wildcats.

Nebraska stretched its Big Ten winning streak to six games by claiming its fifth victory in six Big Ten road games this season with a 76-75 win at Iowa on Monday night. Nebraska's six-game Big Ten winning streak ties for the second-longest conference winning streak in school history. NU's four straight road wins sits all alone as the second-best conference stretch in program history, trailing only a perfect 8-0 road record by the 2010 Big 12 champion Huskers.

Ohio State's second half resurgence has been helped by the Buckeyes getting healthy. Ohio State still features one of the Big Ten's most explosive offensive players in Tayler Hill. The senior guard is averaging 21.1 points. Ashley Adams, a 6-5 center, anchors OSU's inside game with 9.5 points and 7.1 rebounds.

Nebraska leads the all-time series with Ohio State 5-4. The Huskers went 2-1 against the Buckeyes in NU's first Big Ten campaign.

Probable Starters:

Nebraska Cornhuskers

3 - Hailie Sample - 6-1 - So. - F

23 - Emily Cady - 6-2 - So. - F
35 - Jordan Hooper - 6-2 - Jr. - F
00 - Lindsey Moore - 5-9 - Sr. - G
24 - Rachel Theriot - 6-0 - Fr. - G

Ohio State Buckeyes
15 - Aleksandra Dobranic - 6-4 - Jr. - C
33 - Ashley Adams - 6-5 - Jr. - C
3 - Amber Stokes - 5-10 - RSr. - G
4 - Tayler Hill - 5-10 - Sr. - G
14 - Ameryst Alston - 5-11 - Fr. - G

This game will be Nebraska's annual Play4Kay game. Fans are encouraged to wear pink to the game, as the Huskers will be sporting pink accessories to their white uniforms. Several pink promotions will be in place, and those affected by breast cancer and other forms of cancer will be recognized.

Jordan Hooper's 29-point effort at Iowa pushed her career scoring total to 1,545 points, moving her into No. 10 on Nebraska's all-time scoring list in the 88th game of her career. Hooper's eight rebounds also increased her career total to 715, which ranks eighth in Husker history. She needs just 35 rebounds to catch Debra Powell at No. 7 on the NU career charts. Hooper is just the seventh Husker in history with 1,500 points and 700 rebounds in a career.

Jordan Hooper enters the Ohio State game with 197 career three-pointers poised to become just the second Husker in history to hit 200 career threes. Hooper, who hit 67 three-pointers in each of her first two seasons as a Husker, has already knocked down 63 threes through 24 games as a junior. Her 67 threes were the sixth-best totals in school history, and her 63 this season are the eighth-most by a Husker in a single season.

After playing the full 40 minutes in Nebraska's Monday night win at Iowa, Lindsey Moore needs just 11 minutes against Ohio State to break the NU record for career minutes played.

Huskers Battle Buckeyes in Play4Kay Game                            Huskers.com

Here are my thoughts on the game:

http://huskerhoopthoughts.wordpress.com/2013/02/14/game-preview-huskers-v-buckeyes/

Obviously success shooting threes will be important. I also think OSU might take it to the Huskers inside, as they've got a pretty big size advantage. The battle of the winning streaks should be an interesting one.

Huskers win it 58- 39. Seven in a row and still counting! The 39 points allowed were the lowest point total for Ohio State in Coach Jim Foster's 11 seasons with the Buckeyes.

Emily Cady a monster game on the boards finishes with a double double 10 points 16 BIG Rebounds!! OSU's game plan was take Hooper out of the game so others had to step up. Zeroes took over the second half winding up with 14 points and 8 boards and 4 assists. JHoop with 8 points and 10 boards. Rachel Theriot played a great game also she along with Tee Laudermill with good defensive pressure both put in 9 points.

OSU's Taylor Hill lead the Buckeyes with 20 points.

5293 in attendance, could have been larger had the tip off been at the regular time.

Player of the Game: Emily Cady with Zeroes pushing a close second.

Best Dressed: Coach Shimmy Gray-Miller (She looked absolutely ravishing with her pink polka-dot skirt!) :wub:

Not to take away from our effort, because we did what we needed to do was get them down and not let them back in.

But doesn't Ohio State look like a team who has quit on their coach?

Course I don't think I would want to play for him either.

And can somebody tell me how Ashley Adams plays D1 basketball?

I've watched her play more than once and I still don't understand what she does besides set picks.

Not to take away from our effort, because we did what we needed to do was get them down and not let them back in.

But doesn't Ohio State look like a team who has quit on their coach?

Course I don't think I would want to play for him either.

And can somebody tell me how Ashley Adams plays D1 basketball?

I've watched her play more than once and I still don't understand what she does besides set picks.

Actually Adams has a pretty nice shot for a big. She hit some 10-12 footers that were nice. Better than a couple of our smaller players, who either bricked or air-balled similar shots.   She gives you some things, but she detracts also. 

Agree with you--OSU has chemistry problems this year and it really looked apparent last night.

There seemed to be a lot of moments when OSU's bigs could have just taken it to the hoop without issue, and instead they flipped it outside to avoid making an effort. And they didn't really seem to want to get in position on rebounds. Just seemed like a lazy game from the Buckeye perspective.

Great game from the less celebrated Husker players though. In the first half especially scoring was distributed throughout the offense. Even Katy Simon made some plays.

Huskers win it 58- 39. Seven in a row and still counting! The 39 points allowed were the lowest point total for Ohio State in Coach Jim Foster's 11 seasons with the Buckeyes.

Emily Cady a monster game on the boards finishes with a double double 10 points 16 BIG Rebounds!! OSU's game plan was take Hooper out of the game so others had to step up. Zeroes took over the second half winding up with 14 points and 8 boards and 4 assists. JHoop with 8 points and 10 boards. Rachel Theriot played a great game also she along with Tee Laudermill with good defensive pressure both put in 9 points.

OSU's Taylor Hill lead the Buckeyes with 20 points.

I thought that Kelly showed her figure off very nicely with the dress that she had on.

5293 in attendance, could have been larger had the tip off been at the regular time.

Player of the Game: Emily Cady with Zeroes pushing a close second.

Best Dressed: Coach Shimmy Gray-Miller (She looked absolutely ravishing with her pink polka-dot skirt!) :wub: