Annika Stewart vs. Kendall Coley

swmckewon

OK, they didn’t square off against each other much in this game, but their teams

did. Both played well, but Stewart (with 36) was the best player on the court. This video gives you a sense of what she can do. She’s 30 in blue. (Coley is 32 and can really shoot.)

Stewart is underrated. I don’t know what accounts for recruiting rankings in WBB but I think she can be pretty good right away. 

Let me check my crystal ball.....

First of all they look like excellent recruits.

While both  have nice skills at the HS level,.... we all know it will be a much different environment in college. The question is who will get into the flow quickest, and then adapt her game to the B1G. Both look very good in that particular video. Good basic ball kills. 

Coley may be quicker, but both can shoot from everywhere apparently. Stewart more of a 4-5 spot in the lane, Coley a 4 ? Would like to see more of Coley's ball skills on video, but she seems to be athletic. 

Stewart comes with siblings with B!g experience, so that could possibly give her an advantage in knowledge of what to expect, and how to adapt. Seems to have a good BBall IQ.

So realistically, both will need to step up the pace to be B1G competitive....but really like what can be seen in this video. They' kind of have different skill sets really,  Just hope they can learn fast and fill the spots that have been vacated. 

I read elsewhere that someone thought we had better also be looking at #10 in Blue.  I think he's right!  :thumbsup:   (I just hope she's not already 'Taken' :Redface:)

https://www.hometownsource.com/sun_sailor/sports/mara-braun-is-already-one-of-the-states-best-as-a-sophomore/article_736f42f8-6d3d-11ea-9832-6f5fd01892f6.html

“I am just hoping for the best,” the 6-foot guard said, referring to the potential for re-start on the AAU basketball season. Spring and summer tournaments offer top prospects such as Braun the opportunity to be scouted by major college programs. Already on the radar of University of Minnesota head coach Lindsay Whalen, Braun is also on the radar of a number of other Big Ten and Big Twelve Conference universities.

2 hours ago, Red Don said:

I read elsewhere that someone thought we had better also be looking at #10 in Blue.  I think he's right!  :thumbsup:   (I just hope she's not already 'Taken' :Redface:)

https://www.hometownsource.com/sun_sailor/sports/mara-braun-is-already-one-of-the-states-best-as-a-sophomore/article_736f42f8-6d3d-11ea-9832-6f5fd01892f6.html

Braun is the best player on the team, better than Stewart. She'd be on everyones radar if there was an aau season this summer. She's dang good.