OT: Live Sports Are Back!

• 2 weeks later...

I am so glad for all these sports back!  I just wish the sport that I photograph was coming back this year as well....Roller Derby.  They are in year two of not playing...venues are starting to be lost due to no revenue.  Their decision to come back to play was probably the most toughest of any sport out there.  As of right now...New Zealand is the only country playing.  6 tier system and no team in the US has even reached tier 2.  https://resources.wftda.org/covid-19/recommendations/ 

• 2 weeks later...

OT, but couldn't think of a better place to put this. Random thought that just popped into my head again.

Has there been any word recently about things like alcohol sales at Nebraska sporting events?

I'm wondering if COVID is going to open up some options that previously weren't seriously considered because there's drops in attendance, overall revenue, etc.

On 4/13/2021 at 6:22 PM, HuskerFever said:

OT, but couldn't think of a better place to put this. Random thought that just popped into my head again.

Has there been any word recently about things like alcohol sales at Nebraska sporting events?

I'm wondering if COVID is going to open up some options that previously weren't seriously considered because there's drops in attendance, overall revenue, etc.

Not to get morbid...but TO will have to be 6 feet under before that happens. 

58 minutes ago, Nighthawk said:
On 4/13/2021 at 7:22 PM, HuskerFever said:

Expand  

Not to get morbid...but TO will have to be 6 feet under before that happens. 

Meanwhile, Devaney would climb 6 feet to the surface to make it happen.

• 4 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, 49r said:

For those that care, Union Omaha has the opportunity to play a match live on ESPN2 right now.

For context, this is the first-ever nationally televised USL One match.

Last year's #1 vs #2, COVID cancelled the final so Union Omaha didn't have a chance to win the title.

1 hour ago, HuskerFever said:

For context, this is the first-ever nationally televised USL One match.

Last year's #1 vs #2, COVID cancelled the final so Union Omaha didn't have a chance to win the title.

I figured probably you and I would be the only ones that knew about or even cared about that. 😁

Either way it’s a result on the road for Omaha!

Edited by 49r

I missed the match, since we had friends passing through town that we hadn't seen in three years.  But glad to heard the Owls were able to pull a draw on the road against a quality team.  Also, where'd all the Sporting KC talk go? We should start that back up again. 

Edited by aphilso1

5 hours ago, aphilso1 said:

I missed the match, since we had friends passing through town that we hadn't seen in three years.  But glad to heard the Owls were able to pull a draw on the road against a quality team.  Also, where'd all the Sporting KC talk go? We should start that back up again. 

Someone should start a thread...

• 1 month later...
12 minutes ago, Dead Dog Alley said:

One man's Tyronn is another man's Tyrone...

I doubt that he'll ever coach in college, but if we have to look for a new coach in the next 10 years he should get the first call.

I firmly believe that Hoiberg and Lue are coaching at the amateur/professional level they excel most at. And for that, I'm excited to see how both of them do over the next five years.