OT: Live Sports Are Back!

12 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

Sometimes you can watch the Spanish broadcast on ESPN+ even if your region is blacked out.

I tried that, too.  Blacked out for both English and Spanish broadcasts. 

Silver lining is I was able to watch the Union Omaha match instead, which was exciting.  Clinched a spot in the finals on a stoppage time goal!

2 hours ago, aphilso1 said:

I tried that, too.  Blacked out for both English and Spanish broadcasts. 

Silver lining is I was able to watch the Union Omaha match instead, which was exciting.  Clinched a spot in the finals on a stoppage time goal!

Speaking of which... shameless plug for others on this board. This Friday, 7 pm CDT:

On 10/26/2020 at 10:13 AM, HuskerFever said:

Speaking of which... shameless plug for others on this board. This Friday, 7 pm CDT:

COVID strikes again.  Championship match has been cancelled and Greenville named the champion.  Ugh.

https://www.uslleagueone.com/news_article/show/1130386

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure this is true or not, but we're going to go with it...

KBO was one of the first sports to return after the initial hit of COVID-19. It is now the first league (probably) to complete a season, start to finish in the world after COVID-19 made its presence. And the KBO Korean Series ends with an NC Dinos first win in program history over the powerhouse Doosan Bears. The Dinos also get to bring home a wild trophy to show for it:

• 2 weeks later...

SKC always has that turd of a game.  Unfortunately it came in the playoffs this year.  Snowball end to the first half where nothing went our way.  Game completely changes if we score that first goal.

By the way, in a world where we can put cameras in a pylon, how is our best angle to see if a soccer ball crosses the goal line from BEHIND the goal!?!?

Edited by hskr4life

1 hour ago, hskr4life said:

SKC always has that turd of a game.  Unfortunately it came in the playoffs this year.  Snowball end to the first half where nothing went our way.  Game completely changes if we score that first goal.

By the way, in a world where we can put cameras in a pylon, how is our best angle to see if a soccer ball crosses the goal line from BEHIND the goal!?!?

I was thinking about that too.  Better camera angle, and just maybe that Puncec goal counts.  Not that 3-1 would have mattered, but the second MUFC goal was also literally inches away from being offsides.  That's a two goal swing by a collective 7 or 8 inches.  Down 2-1 in the locker room feels a whole different than down 3-0.

Just now, aphilso1 said:

Need a hug?

The worst part is we basically punched Seattle's ticket to the MLS final (and potentially their third star in 5 years) by not taking care of the loons and making Seattle come to KC for the conference final.  Now they get to play at home on 6 days rest while Minnesota travels out there on like 3 days rest.

I will be rooting hard for whoever the Eastern Conference sends to the final.

Just now, 49r said:

The worst part is we basically punched Seattle's ticket to the MLS final (and potentially their third star in 5 years) by not taking care of the loons and making Seattle come to KC for the conference final.  Now they get to play at home on 6 days rest while Minnesota travels out there on like 3 days rest.

I will be rooting hard for whoever the Eastern Conference sends to the final.

My brother-in-law is from the Portland metro area and is a big Timbers fan.  He may be the only person I know who hates Seattle more than me.  I'll be right there with you cheering on the Eastern Conference champ.

SKC fans, NWSL is coming back to Kansas City. I haven't kept up with the full details, but know that the Utah owner ran into some troubles in idealogy or something and MLS is taking possession of RSL until they find an owner, Utah Royals are moving back to Kansas City, and I think it's still TBD on the USL team:

https://www.kmbc.com/amp/article/professional-womens-soccer-coming-back-to-kansas-city-missouri-in-2021-utah-royals/34892741

I hope they remove SKC2 from the USL.  There is a massive gulf in talent between regular USLC clubs and MLS2 clubs in USLC and, frankly, it's kind of embarrassing.  Honestly, it would make more sense for Union Omaha to move up to the Championship and for SKC to move SKC2 to the upcoming MLS developmental league.  That's what I hope happens.

1 minute ago, 49r said:

I hope they remove SKC2 from the USL.  There is a massive gulf in talent between regular USLC clubs and MLS2 clubs in USLC and, frankly, it's kind of embarrassing.  Honestly, it would make more sense for Union Omaha to move up to the Championship and for SKC to move SKC2 to the upcoming MLS developmental league.  That's what I hope happens.

I actually believe MLS is starting their own development league soon. Addresses your exact concerns.

3 hours ago, 49r said:

Union Omaha moving to Championship would be nice (got my season ticket notice this week).  

On 12/7/2020 at 4:40 PM, HuskerFever said:

SKC fans, NWSL is coming back to Kansas City. I haven't kept up with the full details, but know that the Utah owner ran into some troubles in idealogy or something and MLS is taking possession of RSL until they find an owner, Utah Royals are moving back to Kansas City, and I think it's still TBD on the USL team:

https://www.kmbc.com/amp/article/professional-womens-soccer-coming-back-to-kansas-city-missouri-in-2021-utah-royals/34892741

I'm actually really bummed that the Utah Royals are moving to KC.  I was really looking forward to taking my daughter to a few matches.  Oh well.  I can always take her to a Weber State or Utes match.

• 1 month later...