OT: Live Sports Are Back!

12 hours ago, hskr4life said:

The Big 10 is just going to come out of this whole ordeal looking so silly.  We already do.

Especially with rapid testing now available - that almost completely eliminates the possibility of player to player transmission during games. If it isn't safe at this point, it may never be safe again.

I saw UNO's hockey conference delayed its start to Nov. 20. (Wow. Imagine that. Voting to delay the start of a season and putting a date on it, so everyone is on the same page. Mind blown.) Hockey would've started practice in another 10-14 days, so they needed to make a decision.

Sounds like hockey is receiving guidance from NCAA, so I'd imagine NCAA will push all winter sports back to late November. Should hear on that recommendation sometime next week.

Hopefully the B1G presidents/commish won't decide to go their own way because of "safety" and try a summer basketball season or something similar. 

By the way, saw yesterday that one of the reasons Rutgers' president will be voting no on bringing back football is because of Nebraska's "out of control" covid cases. Wish someone would've clued me in. I missed the stretch where we were overwhelmed in the hospitals, etc. Kind of scary that people this uninformed are making these decisions. If we are out of control here, I guess NJ was in Armageddon this spring. Glad to see at least a few New Jersians survived.

4 minutes ago, throwback said:

one of the reasons Rutgers' president will be voting no on bringing back football is because of Nebraska's "out of control" covid cases. Wish someone would've clued me in. I missed the stretch where we were overwhelmed in the hospitals, etc. Kind of scary that people this uninformed are making these decisions. If we are out of control here, I guess NJ was in Armageddon this spring. Glad to see at least a few New Jersians survived.

For most folks on the east coast, they see Nebraska and Iowa as basically the same thing.

On 9/6/2020 at 11:06 PM, 49r said:

I watched the second half on ESPN+. They're a fun team to watch, with a really good goalkeeper.  I wish there was Pro/Rel in USL, Omaha should probably be playing in the Championship division.

Don't necessarily want to overwhelm this thread with UO content, but this team has a hard time accepting a loss. They were down 2-0 in 70' and found a way to scratch back and get 2 goals in about 15 minutes. Had a really good shot many times at taking a 3-2 lead. That what makes this team so interesting. Still haven't lost; still 2nd in the league.

2 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

Don't necessarily want to overwhelm this thread with UO content, but this team has a hard time accepting a loss. They were down 2-0 in 70' and found a way to scratch back and get 2 goals in about 15 minutes. Had a really good shot many times at taking a 3-2 lead. That what makes this team so interesting. Still haven't lost; still 2nd in the league.

I caught the end of this one too.  They have now set the record in USL1 for most games without a loss to start the season at 8.  Pretty impressive.

On 9/6/2020 at 11:06 PM, 49r said:

I watched the second half on ESPN+. They're a fun team to watch, with a really good goalkeeper.  I wish there was Pro/Rel in USL, Omaha should probably be playing in the Championship division.

Speaking of pro/rel... Once Sacramento Republic joins MLS, that opens up a spot in USL Championship. Oakland Roots SC was selected to move from NISA to USL Championship.

I'm not sure of the politics around that decision, but they should just let the performance on the field decide that in a promotion/relegation system. At least between NISA/USL One and USL Championship.

The last bit of the MLS regular season schedule was just released yesterday, and SKC will be finishing the season @RSL in Salt lake City.  With stadium capacity so reduced, I'd be surprised if the visiting team gets any kind of ticket allotment.  But I've already reached out to Sporting...just in case. 😎

On 9/23/2020 at 8:38 AM, aphilso1 said:

The last bit of the MLS regular season schedule was just released yesterday, and SKC will be finishing the season @RSL in Salt lake City.  With stadium capacity so reduced, I'd be surprised if the visiting team gets any kind of ticket allotment.  But I've already reached out to Sporting...just in case. 😎

Tough one against Orlando last night.

19 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Tough one against Orlando last night.

14 minutes ago, 49r said:

Brutal.  SKC's defending is just SO BAD.

Puncec's mistake was surprising since he's played pretty well for us this year.  Besler though...man, it is tough to admit but his best days are clearly behind him at this point.  Not sure if Reid is the long term answer (he's no spring chicken either) but right now he gives us more consistency.

• 1 month later...

I decided to add to this thread rather than start a new one. I happened to stay up a bit later than usual, winding down from a pretty good movie I had taped ("Crazies" with Timothy Oliphant) and pondering the 35 point NU loss earlier. I happened to note the World Series was still on in the 9th inning and thought I might as well watch the ending, expecting another boring LA win. I was wishing it to end when some unknown Ray (and ex-Royal) came up to make the last out). Shazam! Voila! A new star is born. Check out his story from MLB.....      https://www.mlb.com/news/crazy-facts-world-series-game-4-hero-brett-phillips                       

20 hours ago, 49r said:

Sporting KC clawed their way back into first place in the Western Conference tonght!

Unfortunately the game was blacked out for my region.  I live over 7 hours away from Denver, yet am still considered part of the local Colorado Rapids market. 🤨