OT: Live Sports Are Back!

6 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

ESPN (ESPN2) is airing 6 games a week. Game times are typically Midnight/3/4:30 am CDT. I think they tend to re-air the game later in the day as well.

If MLB would just move all games to Seoul for the year, the lineup could look like this at the nine Korean ballparks:

• Nine MLB games at 9 a.m. Korean time (8 p.m. ET/7 p.m. CT/6 p.m. MT/5 p.m. PT) all live on U.S. television
  • Six MLB games at 1 p.m.  Korean time (midnight ET/ 11 p.m. CT/10 p.m. MT/9 p.m. PT) all live on U.S. television
  • The five KOB games could then be played at 6:30 p.m. Korea time, and if you wanna watch them at 5:30 a.m. CT, you do you.

Three weeks of spring training wherever it's safe, preceding an opening day around June 1.

102-game season (17 weeks) with playoffs and WS in October. 

Edited by jayschool

1 minute ago, jayschool said:

If MLB would just move all games to Seoul for the year, the lineup could look like this at the nine Korean ballparks:

• Nine MLB games at 9 a.m. Korean time (8 p.m. ET/7 p.m. CT/6 p.m. MT/5 p.m. PT) all live on U.S. television
  • Six MLB games at 1 p.m.  Korean time (midnight ET/ 11 p.m. CT/10 p.m. MT/9 p.m. PT) all live on U.S. television
  • The five KOB games could then be played at 6:30 p.m. Korea time, and if you wanna watch them at 5:30 a.m. CT, you do you.

Three weeks of spring training wherever it's safe. 

So the DVR needs to be set.

Sounds like the NBA is thinking about dividing the teams between Orlando & Vegas, isolating them, NO fans, *maybe* finishing the season & then having some sort of Playoff. I’m torn between scrapping the WHOLE thing, cut yer losses/error on the side of caution, OR having what I described above. Same with MLB. If there’s no students on Campus, rest assured there will be NO Fall sports (nor should there be) I sadly fear the worst all the way around, with Sports being the least of our concerns.

Big weekend in Bundesliga, too.

Lass uns gehen, Schalke! Und Weston McKennie!

Saturday, May 16
9:30 a.m. ET: Augsburg v. Wolfsburg, FS1
9:30 a.m. ET: Borussia Dortmund v Schalke, FS2
9:30 a.m. ET: Fortuna Dusseldorf v. Paderborn, Fox Soccer Plus
9:30 a.m. ET: Hoffenheim v. Hertha Berlin, Fox Soccer Plus
9:30 a.m. ET: RB Leipzig v. SC Freiburg, Fox Soccer Plus
12:30 p.m. ET: Eintracht Frankfurt v. Borussia Monchengladbach, FS1

Sunday, May 17
9:30 a.m. ET: Cologne v. Mainz, FS1
12 p.m. ET: Union Berlin v. Bayern Munich, FS1

Monday, May 18
2:30 p.m. ET: Werder Bremen v. Bayer Leverkusen, FS2

1 hour ago, jayschool said:

Lass uns gehen, Schalke! Und Weston McKennie!

Been watching Bundesliga for a long time. I'll give you this one. Top 5 stadium capacity, only relegated a handful of times, good supporters, rooting for the American kid. But more importantly, you're not supporting BVB or Bayern Munchen. Leipzig is even a bandwagon team at this point.

For anyone who's interested, here's a listing of American soccer players in Germany:

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/bundesliga/news/american-soccer-players-in-germany-weekly-update-mckennie-steffen-adams-usa-5874

Weston McKennie: Schalke

Gio Reyna: BVB

Tyler Adams: Leipzig

Zack Steffen: Fortuna

Josh Sargent: Werder Bremen

Josh Brooks: Wolfsburg

Fabian Johnson: M'gladbach

Timothy Chandler: Eintracht

Alfredo Morales: Fortuna

Brady Scott: Cologne

Chris Richards: Bayern

34 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

Been watching Bundesliga for a long time. I'll give you this one. Top 5 stadium capacity, only relegated a handful of times, good supporters, rooting for the American kid. But more importantly, you're not supporting BVB or Bayern Munchen. Leipzig is even a bandwagon team at this point.

Because of friends from Hamburg, I'm really partial to Hamburger SV, but since the (sob) relegation, I've adopted Schalke for the time being because of McKennie.

35 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

I don't have any favorites in the Bundesliga, watching them is more of a curiosity than anything for me.  But, gun to my head, I probably have to say I'll root for Borussia Dortmund.  For several reasons.

1).  The Yellow Wall is pretty freakin' cool - maybe the best supporters section in soccer?

2).  My favorite non-MLS team is Liverpool and Klopp came from BVB so there's that connection.

3).  Pulisic played there before going to Chelsea and I like the Pulisic kid.  Even though he's on Chelsea now...yuck

As an aside, I was driving past Children's Mercy Park last summer and noticed a giant crowd of people waiting to get in...seemed odd on a random Tuesday afternoon, so I stopped in to see what all the fuss was about and it turns out they were Bayern fans waiting to get in to watch their team have a training session on the day before their Guiness ICC Cup match vs Milan, and it was cool to see all these German soccer fans doing their thing.  They looked like they were about to melt in the KC heat and humidity!  There was one guy that had an entire outfit made of scarves, that had to have been about a thousand degrees.  Got a photo of Thomas Müller too which was pretty cool.

20 minutes ago, jayschool said:

giphy.gif

I started out  a Blues fan because my son started following them. He adopted Joe Cole as his favorite player after the 2006 World Cup, followed him to Chelsea and is still a fan today. Loves his Pulisic jersey. I had a co-worker who said he picked his favorite epl team after considerable research on club's history and playing style. He went with Liverpool. So I decided to do the same thing. I dropped Chelsea after I discovered their long history of Neo-Nazis in the supporters clubs and went with the Nebraska football of the epl. Once great but now .... Arsenal. Gunners are on an upward tract just like the Huskers - hopefully true for both. Actually you could make a lot of connections and comparisons to Scott Frost and Mikel Arteta coming home to take over their old clubs. And I would assume I just typed a paragraph of gibberish for 90% of the posters on this board.

7 minutes ago, Dean Smith said:

I started out  a Blues fan because my son started following them. He adopted Joe Cole as his favorite player after the 2006 World Cup, followed him to Chelsea and is still a fan today. Loves his Pulisic jersey. I had a co-worker who said he picked his favorite epl team after considerable research on club's history and playing style. He went with Liverpool. So I decided to do the same thing. I dropped Chelsea after I discovered their long history of Neo-Nazis in the supporters clubs and went with the Nebraska football of the epl. Once great but now .... Arsenal. Gunners are on an upward tract just like the Huskers - hopefully true for both. Actually you could make a lot of connections and comparisons to Scott Frost and Mikel Arteta coming home to take over their old clubs. And I would assume I just typed a paragraph of gibberish for 90% of the posters on this board.

I know nothing of the fan base. I'm just a fan of Pulisic. Now you've made me think. Damn it.