I was wondering...

54 minutes ago, jimmykc said:

...when our "politically" trending thread would cross the line. I guess we reached that point since it has vanished. And so this one doesn't similarly end up in limbo, please note that Cross is mentioned.

Yeah...since I started the thread, I thought I could close it, but instead I deleted it...oh well.  Hope no earth shattering content as lost.  That said, i still hope our foreign contingent of players make it back with no issues 

1 hour ago, Handy Johnson said:

I thought Cross had the makings of a Terrence Badgett or a Bernard Garner, but no doubt he’ll benefit from playing in a “non” Power-5 setting... Good luck to him!

Fun fact - Terrence Badgett is the only autograph I have ever sought and recieved.

I was in about seventh grade and we were on field trip to UNL. I see him. I bum rushed the guy and like 20 fellow little kids followed. We surrounded him. He was frantically signing autographs while continually mentioning he was late for class. Pretty sure the other kids had no idea who he was just that he was a basketball player.

Anyway, at some point he must have decided he was too late to continue signing autographs so he says, "Hey Kids! That guy right there is a quarterback(deep on the bench backup) on the football team!"

The hoard of children immediately turn there attention to this poor backup. They try to swarm him. He sprints away. 

I stand there looking at my autograph as Terrence Badgett laughs to himself, picks up his backpack, and hurriedly walks to his class.

9 minutes ago, cornfed24-7 said:

Fun fact - Terrence Badgett is the only autograph I have ever sought and recieved.

I was in about seventh grade and we were on field trip to UNL. I see him. I bum rushed the guy and like 20 fellow little kids followed. We surrounded him. He was frantically signing autographs while continually mentioning he was late for class. Pretty sure the other kids had no idea who he was just that he was a basketball player.

Anyway, at some point he must have decided he was too late to continue signing autographs so he says, "Hey Kids! That guy right there is a quarterback(deep on the bench backup) on the football team!"

The hoard of children immediately turn there attention to this poor backup. They try to swarm him. He sprints away. 

I stand there looking at my autograph as Terrence Badgett laughs to himself, picks up his backpack, and hurriedly walks to his class.

Badgett is a good dude, always one of my favorites.

Probably was the only player to cause Dick Vitale to go crazy at BDSC.In fact, it may have been Dicky V.'s only appearance at the Bob. On the other hand, I vaguely remember seeing it on t.v. and I never missed a home game so it may represent a fever dream or a Nyquil stupor. Can anyone set me straight on this?

Edited by jimmykc

4 hours ago, jimmykc said:

Probably was the only player to cause Dick Vitale to go crazy at BDSC.In fact, it may have been Dicky V.'s only appearance at the Bob. On the other hand, I vaguely remember seeing it on t.v. and I never missed a home game so it may represent a fever dream or a Nyquil stupor. Can anyone set me straight on this?

They replayed that KU game on the board here a few weeks back. Terrence steals the ball & jams it on a breakaway to end the game!

Funny I remember the tv replay but not the live event. It must have been Dicky V.'s voice. He was at that game, wasn't he? What I also recall about my BDSC seats is that I used the same small restroom as the media downstairs and got to share a urinal with Bulls GM Jerry Krause, SI writer Rick Reilly, and announcer Bill Raftery (but not at the same time, mind you). So I've always got that going for me. I guess Dicky V. never got the urge when he was there though.

6 hours ago, busticket said:

I actually got to hang out with Terrance a bit when he ran the south Omaha branch of the YMCA.  He is the nicest guy you’d ever want to meet.  He catered in barbecue when I met with him so I thought I should say something nice.

He was a South Omaha Packer, NIT Champion & played on one of the Top 5 (?) Husker teams of All-time...