"Huskers Together"...

whoopdeedoo

Whitney Brown: https://spark.adobe.com/page/KYotDlg3KlY05/

“Team chemistry is going to play a huge role in our success this year, and I am not one bit worried about it because from the minute all of us girls stepped in the weight room together, joined Zoom calls, or texted in our group messages, you could sense the team chemistry,” Brown said. “From my perspective, we’ve already got great teamwork, encouragement and a strong bond. We scrimmaged each other a couple times, had movie nights and team bonding activities and have been working out together the past three or four weeks. Week by week, we are getting closer together and stronger on the court."

Edited by whoopdeedoo

• 2 weeks later...

Bella Cravens: https://huskers.com/news/2020/7/21/womens-basketball-huskers-together-bella-cravens.aspx

6'3" Forward transfer from Eastern Washington where she was All Big Sky. Family friends with the Tuioti family which was a factor in her choice of destination. Played club volleyball with Husker libero Keonilei Akana.

Exited to watch this team. Got some really good transfers it would appear.

• 3 weeks later...

Add Nailah Dillard to the bios. (at the end of the media download.)

After experiencing a roller coaster first season in college basketball, Nailah Dillard was looking for a new basketball family in a safe and consistent place she could call home.

The 5-9 guard out of Inderkum High School in Sacramento, expected her new college basketball home to be back in California after making the choice to enter the transfer portal and leave Texas Tech.

“I was recruited by several amazing teams in California and really turned down most of the teams outside of California because my heart was set on coming home.

Then Nebraska called.

“The facilities here and the academic support are definitely top notch, and I truly feel so blessed to be able to play here and represent this great school,” Dillard said. “I chose Nebraska because I wanted to play for coaches who would invest in me and value me as a person on and off the court. I wanted to play for a program that values success, and I am looking forward to playing with teammates and for coaches who love to win as much as I do.”

As a freshman at Texas Tech, Dillard hit 34.6 percent (18-52) of her three-pointers and 74.1 percent (20-27) of her free throws in sporadic action. While her three-point shooting stands out, she characterizes herself as more of a “utility” player on the court.a freshman at Texas Tech, Dillard hit 34.6 percent (18-52) of her three-pointers and 74.1 percent (20-27) of her free throws in sporadic action. While her three-point shooting stands out, she characterizes herself as more of a “utility” player on the court.

Edited by Red Don

"I was due to arrive (at Nebraska) in late-May/early-June, so when COVID first came along, I knew pretty well straight away that might possibly not be happening," Porter said. "Mentally it was hard to readjust as I had prepared myself to leave. Flights were canceled. No student visas were being issued, and I wasn't allowed to leave the country, so really there was no hope until now that I could come to Lincoln."

Porter has used some of her time this summer to work on her physical strength in hopes of becoming a stronger rebounder as a 5-10 guard. She knows she has some attributes that can help any basketball team on the offensive end.

"I think one of my biggest strengths is being a scoring threat both inside and outside the arc," Porter said. "I also read the ball and run the floor quite well, providing scoring options for my teammates."

In February of 2019, Porter averaged 15.9 points per game for the Sturt Sabres in Australia's Premier League at the U20 National Championships. In April of 2018, she averaged 16.2 points, 5.6 rebounds and 3.6 steals in helping South Australia to a silver medal at the U18 National Championships.

14 hours ago, Bugeaters1 said:

Do you see as a Nicea type player or like a Hallie Sample type? 

I see more of a Nicea type of player although Dillard lacks Nicea's length...i think she will bring a little more athleticism than Hallie had. Hallie turned out to be pretty good around the basket while i think Dillard will be able to cover more of the floor. think she has the potential to bring some offense with her. couple of the big reasons i see her starting as the season begins is she brings experience and health with her. not saying something or someone might change that at some point---i just see her in that top group starting the season out.

wonder when we find out if Dillard and Cravens get their wavers? i think Dillard is a shoe-in for hers. if Mikesell can get one, i don't see why Cravens shouldn't!

Edited by whoopdeedoo