Kevin Cross is leaving

kldm64

Just now, unl said:

Nebraska is now slated to bring back 21.6% of its points, 19.3% of its 3-pointers and 32.8% of its rebounds from last season. Per Chris Heady. 

So roughly the equivalent of 100x more than we brought back heading into last season!

Also, I agree it sucks to see so many kids leaving but at the end of the day, we won 7 games last year.  Things will get better.

So roughly the equivalent of 100x more than we brought back heading into last season!

Also, I agree it sucks to see so many kids leaving but at the end of the day, we won 7 games last year.  Things will get better.

Exactly. I wish we could gain some stability or consistency but do you really want the consistency to be what we saw last year?

Fred put it together with a rag tag. In my opinion the only guys I really wanted back(who played)based on talent was Cam, Yvan and maybe Cross for depth.

I am a bit higher on Cross than some but he struck me as a 10 minute guy unless he really changed his body.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He wasn't a bad player.   We've had plenty that had little to offer over the years that were at the end of the bench and he's not one of those types.   So I wouldn't have minded him sticking around.   But I don't see where he plays more than 10 minutes a game (if that) moving forward.

Edited by nustudent

I’ve resigned myself to the thinking that college basketball (and football) have changed to this transfer in/out as the new normal.  It’s happening all over, not just NU. At times, I was super frustrated by Cross. I didn’t think his motor or want to always was set at a high level. But then he’d show some flashes where I’m like, OK! We can work with this. Thought he had some nice skills that could continue to develop.  Best of luck to him! 

I kinda thought this would happen. Him or arop. I think Arop knows a redshirt year would do him well and Cross wants to play meaningful minutes. Arop has a long ways to go, but I'm not questioning Fred after Thor was the only holdover from last year and made leaps and bounds improvements. Kinda bummed but he'll do well down a level or at somewhere where he plays a lot at the 4