Charlie Easley

Bugeaters1

On 4/18/2020 at 4:10 PM, Huskerpapa said:

Hmm...I am happy for Charlie, but why do I feel like crap that he is leaving.  The dude played hard and with heart. 

May have played hard and with heart but lets be honest, he was a liability on the floor and it wouldnt have been good playing many mins going forward.

Edited by coughunter

From a selfish standpoint, I would like to see him return as a walk on but he is to good of a player to not have a scholarship.  If think you will see fewer and fewer kids walking on in all sports in the future.  (at least high quality athletes that could play at a D1 level)  I can't believe the football team was able to make the walk on program so successful for as long as they did.

16 hours ago, coughunter said:

May have played hard and with heart but lets be hones, he was a liability on the floor and it wouldnt have been good playing many mins going forward.

Much depends on his approach to "team".  If he willingly accepted his role and busts his ass in practice, then we would have lost an invaluable asset.

So I guess so much depends on his character.   And everything I know about this kid is that he is a high character and hard working sob.  But again, it is a matter of perspective. 

1 hour ago, Huskerpapa said:

Much depends on his approach to "team".  If he willingly accepted his role and busts his ass in practice, then we would have lost an invaluable asset.

So I guess so much depends on his character.   And everything I know about this kid is that he is a high character and hard working sob.  But again, it is a matter of perspective. 

I agree, he was a role player and should of have been or going forward probably shouldnt have been more than that.  You need guys like that on the team, just not playing that many minutes

• 2 weeks later...