Signing Day Watch - WBB

Red Don

Nebraska's 3rd transfer is Eastern Washington post 6-3 Bella Cravens. She averaged 10.4 points and 8.5 last season as a sophomore.

Read further about Cravens. .....Definitely an inside player. Rebounder and shot blocker. Has a couple of years college game in a bit smaller school setting.....but there's a potential fit for us. Need a big in the paint desperately. And another actually 
But she may have to sit a year. The coaches/NCAA are probably working on getting that resolved/changed.
Edited by redsteve

Satisfied for next season?  Not Quite!  As I understand it Bella won't be eligible to play the upcoming season, same with Dillard (unless the NCAA relaxes their transfer rules, which I understand could very well happen).    If we can manage to hang-on next season, 2021/22 could be special!

Coach Williams I'm sure will talk to Hoiberg about trying to mesh a team together with several new bodies.  We'll see how it turns out, we filled positions of need but not necessarily convinced we will have the prowess to compete with most of the B1G.  But the sum at times can be greater than it's parts.  🙂 🏀

Not so sure next season isn't simply a rebuilding year, but starting a whole new team. About half the team will be new to the program. Starting anew, from scratch.

May have 5 or  6... or so ...ready from  last year.

This will be interesting to say the least. Anybody's guess how this will shake out. .....Can't wait to see how it develops actually. Could be pleasantly surprised.

I'm the eternal optimist. Got my rose colored glass ready.

Edited by redsteve

Williams is getting closer to the full 15 scholarship roster that we all want to see.  With Kate gone in 2021 and 3 freshmen coming aboard we will have 1 or 2  scholarships left depending if Whitney Brown earns one which I think she will.  Just have to hope all get and stay healthy which will be difficult.

50 minutes ago, 12dozen said:

Of all the "Newbies" coming in for the upcoming season, Ruby Porter is the one I'm most excited for.  She could be special from Day 1.

The rest, we'll see.

Agreed.  She's the one I'm most optimistic about.  There are no slouches by any means in the class, but they are unknown commodities (as in any class) as to how they can perform at the B1G level.

I think that she now has 11 on scholarship along with one walk on.  There seems to be potential for all three transfers, but also reasons to wait and see before getting too excited. One was honorable mention in the Big Sky Conf, one may continue to be hampered by knee problems, and one was a meaningful contributor at Texas Tech but hardly a difference maker.  With only one senior and one junior (not counting status of the transfers), seems as though there is room for more transfers without limiting future recruiting.  I still hope for one or two "sudden impact difference makers" with the physical maturity that developments after age 18 and who are proven performers in major conference competition.  Situation looks better than it did two weeks ago. 

We may be done for this season but I would like to see another high level post for next years recruiting class.  Has anybody seen what Alexis Markowski's rating is if she is rated?

I think Taylor Kissinger will be a junior this season if she is granted another year with her early injury last season giving us two juniors including Sam Haiby.

2 hours ago, All About the Corn said:

Would hope for someone to develop into a goto type of player for us. Maybe a guard who could give us a reliable shooter and a passer in the paint. I like who they have coming in. Can they put this together if we have required isolation in the fall/winter? With so many new faces this group will need time to gel. 

Coatney described Dillard as someone with a good outside shot and can get into the paint. He also opined that she would have played more if not for TT's experienced lineup.  Perhaps she could evolve into that go-to player (?).

Hope Sam M. is correct that the NCAA will vote to allow immediate eligibility for 1st time transfers which would open the door for both Dilliard and Cravens to play this fall.  We need as many hands on deck as possible.  Looking forward for a lot of competition for playing time.

I believe WBB programs are limited to 13 scholarships (instead of the 15 allowed for MBB).   I think we currently have 11 on scholarship (with the 3 transfers), plus one walk-on, which should give us room to add two more scholarship players this year, should we be able to find (and want) them.

image.png