April 15 Signing Day

1 hour ago, Huskerone said:

Wow, no true freshman?  I guess the rebuild is still in the early stages.  Is the entire roster going to be 1 and 2 and done guys most years under Hoiberg?  I guess it is what it is.

I think Hoiberg is still trying to find players that fit his system. He threw darts last season and none of them stuck.

2 hours ago, REDitus said:

We probably do not talk enough about Lat.   He is a player that going to help our rebounding and is a good fit for Hoiberg's offense.   Going to be lots of competition for playing time next year. 

Totally agree here.  This is the kind of guy Nebraska has been missing.  Reminds me of a young Pascal Siakam!!

3 hours ago, ConkintheCorner said:

Totally agree here.  This is the kind of guy Nebraska has been missing.  Reminds me of a young Pascal Siakam!!

Love me some Siakam -- if Lat Mayen is half of the dude that Pascal is, even an early-career version of P.S., then I'm smilin' from ear to ear next wintertime. Appreciate the development of guys like Siakam, those type of dudes need to be celebrated more often, imho.

1 hour ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

Nebraska's got one scholarship spot open. What will they do with it? "We think we're in pretty good shape with a couple very high profile players," Fred Hoiberg said.

Yeah, I’m telling you, there’s something in the bag already with a killer.  Fred doesn’t just drop lines like this.  

6 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

I think Hoiberg is still trying to find players that fit his system. He threw darts last season and none of them stuck.

Stevenson, Banton, and Walker all stuck.  When you run this sort of system, it’s going to take one meaningless season to free up those transfers.  Now we’re rolling.

And this philosophy isn’t really about 4-5 year projects.  It’s now about redshirts.  If you play for Fred, you have to be ready to play the day you arrive on campus.  You’ll still get developed, but this philosophy is entirely about taking the best players right now.  If a special blue chipper can crack the recruiting class, great, but that’s probably going to have to be someone with a legit shot at the league moving forward.  I love it.   

We’re going to be formidable next season.  The talent upgrade is through the roof. 

2 hours ago, LK1 said:

Stevenson, Banton, and Walker all stuck.  When you run this sort of system, it’s going to take one meaningless season to free up those transfers.  Now we’re rolling.

And this philosophy isn’t really about 4-5 year projects.  It’s now about redshirts.  If you play for Fred, you have to be ready to play the day you arrive on campus.  You’ll still get developed, but this philosophy is entirely about taking the best players right now.  If a special blue chipper can crack the recruiting class, great, but that’s probably going to have to be someone with a legit shot at the league moving forward.  I love it.   

We’re going to be formidable next season.  The talent upgrade is through the roof. 

CAN YOU FEEL IT? I can feel it. Freddy's gonna be rollin' B1G before too long, I know it's gonna a fun time to be a Big Red backer.