Trevor Lakes is N

Nebraska secures the commitment of Div-II sharpshooting transfer Trevor Lakes.

The 6'7" 230 Lakes made over 41% of his threes during 3 years at the University of Indianapolis.

Lakes will need to sit a year, with one more to play barring some sort of unexpected waiver.

Really good shooter at 6'7. When I saw he was getting HM interest I figured it was a matter of time before we threw our hat in the ring

View full article

Edited by uneblinstu
Movin' on Up!

'Sit-out' transfers

Trevor Lakes is a 6-foot-7 Division-II sharp shooter who spent the last three years at the University of Indianapolis. He reportedly was offered a scholarship to Nebraska the week of April 13. Lakes has appeared in 83 games in his career, making 235 of his 577 3-point attempts (40.7%). He would sit one year, then play one year. Lakes averaged 15.7 points per game his junior year. Among those who have contacted Lakes include Wichita State, Illinois and Xavier. 

https://www.omaha.com/sports/college/huskers/teams/mens-basketball/nebraska-basketball-transfer-tracker-the-latest-on-potential-additions-to/article_21564333-0196-50e2-ae03-8ccaf0f65cec.html

4 hours ago, jdw said:

More like Korver and Fuck Creighton.

I get the comparison of Lakes to Korver, but the comparison to Fuck Creighton bewilders me a bit.  I might not be remembering the details correctly, but I don't think Fuck Creighton was anything near 6'7" and I don't think he was much of a 3 point shooter.  He made up for those shortcomings with an awesome name, though.

15 hours ago, Dead Dog Alley said:

I get the comparison of Lakes to Korver, but the comparison to Fuck Creighton bewilders me a bit.  I might not be remembering the details correctly, but I don't think Fuck Creighton was anything near 6'7" and I don't think he was much of a 3 point shooter.  He made up for those shortcomings with an awesome name, though.

I thought he was a golfer known for his "short" game.

36 minutes ago, Art Vandalay said:

I said that ^^^^^^^ already 😁✌️

oh okay... I said it the other day, too, in a completely forum for all of the public to view (on a tweet). Glad we can agree that D.R. is a good comp.

And, I didn't notice that you wrote it here. It's all good. I hope he's a "Miami Heat" D.R. at NU, quite frankly! 🙃

Edited by AuroranHusker

5 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

Now that there's room?

This was eluded to by those highly connected that there was going to be some attrition this weekend, happened Monday, and that spot was almost earmarked for Lakes.  I wouldn't say expect a commit immediately but I would assume he's going to be a very solid practice player for us next season while he acclimates to the D1 level for 2021.