Hey Everybody

So is Kobe Webster being slotted as a probable starter at PG?

He has one season where he shot over 40% from 3, but otherwise, his 3-point numbers have been fairly average.

Do we have a REALLY GOOD 3-point shooter on the roster for next year? I mean, ideally, I'd like to have 3-4 so you can have at least 2 on the floor at all times. But, aside from Thor, who are our top 3-point shooters going to be?

15 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

He has one season where he shot over 40% from 3, but otherwise, his 3-point numbers have been fairly average.

Do we have a REALLY GOOD 3-point shooter on the roster for next year? I mean, ideally, I'd like to have 3-4 so you can have at least 2 on the floor at all times. But, aside from Thor, who are our top 3-point shooters going to be?

I imagine Kobe, Teddy, Thor, and maybe Mayen will be the top 3 point shooters. Mayen is honestly a serious wild card, not sure what to expect next year from him. He could start, or he could ride the pine all year. But those 3 are the obvious answers. If Kobe King can get his jumper back to HS form then that's another

6 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

Kevin Cross, in his 13 best games, went 26 for 56 from 3.  46%!  So, if you ignore the fact that in the other 19 games he went 6 for 60...

On 4/13/2020 at 4:12 PM, Norm Peterson said:

I heard the dude from Seattle U can really shoot the three...oh, wait...

On 4/13/2020 at 4:12 PM, Norm Peterson said:

Do we have a REALLY GOOD 3-point shooter on the roster for next year? 

Shamiel Stevenson shot .390 at Pitt from three.  Is that “REALLY GOOD”?
And this is more from Shamiel’s official bio at Pitt:

The Storyline
  • An explosive athlete with the leaping ability and strength to finish in traffic
  • Showed the ability to play as a big wing or undersized four-man a year ago ... can create matchup problems with his combination of size, quickness and athleticism
  • Has a nice shooting stroke out beyond the three-point line as well as the ability to put the ball on the floor
  • Possesses a 40 inch vertical and a 6-11 wingspan … strength and quickness allow him to be an effective defender and rebounder against bigger opponents

14 hours ago, Swan88 said:

Shamiel Stevenson shot .390 at Pitt from three.  Is that “REALLY GOOD”?
And this is more from Shamiel’s official bio at Pitt:

The Storyline
  • An explosive athlete with the leaping ability and strength to finish in traffic
  • Showed the ability to play as a big wing or undersized four-man a year ago ... can create matchup problems with his combination of size, quickness and athleticism
  • Has a nice shooting stroke out beyond the three-point line as well as the ability to put the ball on the floor
  • Possesses a 40 inch vertical and a 6-11 wingspan … strength and quickness allow him to be an effective defender and rebounder against bigger opponents

Man, I hope those descriptions are still accurate. When I saw him at the scrimmage, I thought he looked a step slow.

2 hours ago, 49r said:

Okay, who are you really and what have you done with @Norm Peterson??  😆

I think you can go back and look at my contemporaneous posts following the scrimmage and they'll echo the same sentiment. I thought he looked slow. We'll see. I hope he's as explosive as that describes.

By the way, I am willing to accept that our sit-out transfers could be better shooters than what we would imagine based on their career records. For Banton, Stevenson and Walker, their shooting numbers from their prior schools are based on small sample sizes.  And when I saw them in the scrimmage, I thought Stevenson and Walker looked like they had decent mechanics from which they could develop a solid shot by grooving their range.

Banton had a Lonzo Ball-esque windup and delivery but he could become fairly accurate with a year to sit out and develop his shot, and I strongly believe our coaching staff has the aptitude to teach shooting.

My big question right now is what, if anything, are they doing to leverage the time they have during this strange off-season to make this team better next year. Besides recruiting.

I assume any of the guys still in town would have access to the Hendricks Center, could sign up for times to come in and shoot, lift, do conditioning, etc. The staff could easily e-mail them a daily to-do list and could follow up with each of them through skype or zoom no matter where they are in the world. There's any number of things they could be doing right now.

But whatever they're doing, I hope they're doing more than the guys in yellow and black to our east or the guys in orange and blue to the east of that. Or the guys in red and silver in Columbus or the blue and gold guys in Ann Arbor. Because if we want to catch up to those other teams, we  can't have players show up in September fat and out of shape, having gotten no shooting reps in since March.

3 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

I think you can go back and look at my contemporaneous posts following the scrimmage and they'll echo the same sentiment. I thought he looked slow. We'll see. I hope he's as explosive as that describes.

By the way, I am willing to accept that our sit-out transfers could be better shooters than what we would imagine based on their career records. For Banton, Stevenson and Walker, their shooting numbers from their prior schools are based on small sample sizes.  And when I saw them in the scrimmage, I thought Stevenson and Walker looked like they had decent mechanics from which they could develop a solid shot by grooving their range.

Banton had a Lonzo Ball-esque windup and delivery but he could become fairly accurate with a year to sit out and develop his shot, and I strongly believe our coaching staff has the aptitude to teach shooting.

My big question right now is what, if anything, are they doing to leverage the time they have during this strange off-season to make this team better next year. Besides recruiting.

I assume any of the guys still in town would have access to the Hendricks Center, could sign up for times to come in and shoot, lift, do conditioning, etc. The staff could easily e-mail them a daily to-do list and could follow up with each of them through skype or zoom no matter where they are in the world. There's any number of things they could be doing right now.

But whatever they're doing, I hope they're doing more than the guys in yellow and black to our east or the guys in orange and blue to the east of that. Or the guys in red and silver in Columbus or the blue and gold guys in Ann Arbor. Because if we want to catch up to those other teams, we  can't have players show up in September fat and out of shape, having gotten no shooting reps in since March.

I believe I heard that all of the players have left Lincoln and even if they were in town, I'm not sure if they would have access to all of what you mentioned.