Nightmare 2021 Final Four

jayschool

Seth Davis posted his way-too-early Top 25 this week on The Athletic.

His top 16 in order:

1. Gonzaga
  2. Baylor
  3. Villanova
  4. Wisconsin
  5. Creighton
  6. Duke
  7. Kentucky
  8. Iowa
  9. Virginia 
  10. San Diego State
  11. Kansas
  12. Tennessee
  13. Michigan State
  14. LSU
  15. FSU
  16. North Carolina

In a world where the top 16 teams have the best chance to make the Final Four, which of these four clubs would constitute your Nightmare Final Four for 2021?

Mine?

Creighton (Duh)

Iowa (Fran!?!?!?!)

Duke (Phuk Dook)

Kansas (See Dook)

My five most hated teams (in any sport) are:

1. Creighton Basketball

2a. Iowa Basketball

2b. Iowa Football

4. Green Bay Packers (I'm a Vikings fan)

5. Wisconsin Basketball

So, Creighton, Iowa, and Wisconsin for sure. I'll throw in Gonzaga because they annoy me, too. Play in a real conference, turds.

14 hours ago, dustystehl said:

So, Creighton, Iowa, and Wisconsin for sure. I'll throw in Gonzaga because they annoy me, too. Play in a real conference, turds.

The Mountain West plays basketball with only 11 schools (Hawai'i is officially in another conference for other sports), so why not ask Gonzaga to be the anti-Hawai'i? Would that be more difficult than the WCC?

3 hours ago, jayschool said:

The Mountain West plays basketball with only 11 schools (Hawai'i is officially in another conference for other sports), so why not ask Gonzaga to be the anti-Hawai'i? Would that be more difficult than the WCC?

The conferences are pretty similar at the top: Gonzaga, BYU, St. Mary's (WCC), San Diego State, Utah State, Nevada (MWC); and pretty similar at the bottom: Loyola Marymount, San Diego, Portland (WCC), Air Force, San Jose State, Wyoming (MWC). Looking at the middle of the conferences, though, the MWC is much stronger.

I'm inclined to think that schools with football programs would have a higher likelihood of winning home games against Gonzaga, but that may simply be because I see those schools' names more often.

On 4/14/2020 at 10:09 AM, atskooc said:

We didn't even have a tournament this year.

Regardless of which teams make it next year, if we have a Final Four it's not going to be a nightmare.

The nightmare is now.

Very true...and I read an article about concert photography (which I've done some of), and the article pretty much said to not expect any events with large groups (conventions, sporting events, concerts, etc) before the fall of 2021 at the earliest and more than likely longer than that depending on a vaccine for the virus as there's predictions that next winter will be worse than it is right now if there's no vaccine. 

1 hour ago, Nighthawk said:

Very true...and I read an article about concert photography (which I've done some of), and the article pretty much said to not expect any events with large groups (conventions, sporting events, concerts, etc) before the fall of 2021 at the earliest and more than likely longer than that depending on a vaccine for the virus as there's predictions that next winter will be worse than it is right now if there's no vaccine. 

If that comes to fruition, Nebraska would have a much better shot at making the NCAA Tournament field of 68 in 2022.  Why?  Because there would be about 200 fewer colleges fielding Division 1 sports teams.