Big Ten commits...

whoopdeedoo

Badgers sign highly regarded Swedish player:

Suddenly, the talent is flowing to the University of Wisconsin women’s basketball program from near and far.

One day after landing a local product, Madison Edgewood’s Estella Moschkau, as a graduate transfer from Stanford, the Badgers added a highly regarded international prospect, Lovisa Djurstrom.

Djurstrom, a 6-foot-4 forward from Gothenburg, Sweden, signed a National Letter of Intent on Wednesday to become part of the UW 2020 recruiting class.

The idea of playing in the U.S. is one that was enthusiastically encouraged by Geoff Golden, founder/director of B.C. Denver Basketball AAU program, who spent the past season coaching with the RIG Mark academy.

“I was just really impressed with who she was as a person and her talent level,” Golden said. “When I got back I said, ‘you’re a fantastic player and you really need to consider coming to the U.S. and playing.’ She was interested in that and I’ve helped her in that process.
“She has the size, the length and very nice athleticism. A lot of kids have that but she has the skill set. She’s really light on her feet, she can shoot the 3, she can handle it a little bit.

5 hours ago, whoopdeedoo said:

Badgers sign highly regarded Swedish player:

Suddenly, the talent is flowing to the University of Wisconsin women’s basketball program from near and far.

One day after landing a local product, Madison Edgewood’s Estella Moschkau, as a graduate transfer from Stanford, the Badgers added a highly regarded international prospect, Lovisa Djurstrom.

Djurstrom, a 6-foot-4 forward from Gothenburg, Sweden, signed a National Letter of Intent on Wednesday to become part of the UW 2020 recruiting class.

The idea of playing in the U.S. is one that was enthusiastically encouraged by Geoff Golden, founder/director of B.C. Denver Basketball AAU program, who spent the past season coaching with the RIG Mark academy.

“I was just really impressed with who she was as a person and her talent level,” Golden said. “When I got back I said, ‘you’re a fantastic player and you really need to consider coming to the U.S. and playing.’ She was interested in that and I’ve helped her in that process.
“She has the size, the length and very nice athleticism. A lot of kids have that but she has the skill set. She’s really light on her feet, she can shoot the 3, she can handle it a little bit.

Both are really good gets, esp. Djurstrom coming from overseas.

ex-PSU player Alisia Smith to MSU:

Michigan State head women's basketball coach Suzy Merchant announced on Sunday the addition of Alisia Smith to the 2020-21 roster.

Smith comes to MSU as a transfer from Penn State and is a native of Lansing, Michigan.

"We are excited to have Alisia join the Spartan Family. Her skill set will add experience and versatility to our post position. She is tremendous in transition, a hard worker and a fantastic rebounder. We are thrilled to bring Alisia back home to finish her career and can't wait to have the opportunity to be part of her basketball journey," Merchant said.

Smith, a 6-3 forward, was a graduate of Waverly High School. The PSU transfer averaged 6.4 points and 5.3 rebounds per game as a junior. The forward was fourth on the team in scoring and tied for first in rebounding, scoring in double figures seven times last season

sounds like northwestern got a good one...

"On offense, Morris has the height and physicality to be a dangerous post option for pick-and-rolls, layups and short jump shots. Morris fixed her shot form by relying less on her left hand as a guide and said she has gained confidence from the field and the free-throw line. 

Defensively, Morris is a powerful rebounder, using her size and agility to make stops all over the court. In a December 2019 game against Secaucus High School, she grabbed 16 rebounds, blocked three shots and added a steal.

“The thing that she does on the court (of) defensively blocking shots, changing shots and clogging up the middle rebounding outlet (was) where she grew her game,” Silver said. “She really met all of my highest expectations.”

https://dailynorthwestern.com/2020/04/19/sports/womensbasketball/womens-basketball-im-excited-to-come-in-and-be-a-part-of-this-team-how-5-star-freshman-anna-morris-can-help-lift-northwestern-into-big-ten-supremacy/

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

looks like Northwestern may have another good one:

"Caileigh Walsh, the 6-foot-4 post from Sparta, New Jersey, verbally committed to Northwestern. The No. 11 ranked forward chose the Wildcats over UCLA and Vanderbilt."

"Armed with a unique combination of size, skill and athleticism, Walsh is a more than capable producer on both ends of the hardwood. She’ll bring the 2020 Big Ten Champions a consistent threat to their inside-outside game offensively as she can shoot the ball out beyond the 3-point line already."

• 3 weeks later...

Indiana adds Canadian who reclassifies from 2021 to 2020:

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-womens-basketball-picks-up-a-late-2020-addition-with-top-75-forward-kiandra-browne/

"Browne will join Chloe Moore-McNeil as part of the 2020 class.  Notre Dame transfer forward Danielle Patterson and George Mason transfer guard Nicole Cardano-Hillary will also be new members of the team for the 2020-21 season."

Edited by whoopdeedoo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...