B1G Ten transfers

Bugeaters1

• 6 months later...

Well I am not surprised by Brown getting to play this year. Kind of figured that was coming. Did not see any news on Mershon. That said we should have already heard about Dillard, and Cravens. IMHO the NCAA should have changed the rule on 1st time transfers. But they are dragging their feet on this in the form of more review. Some schools work very hard in getting transfers even in conference approved. 

4 hours ago, HUD said:

In reading the article by Sam on Craven's it said Dillard received a waiver earlier.  Don't remember reading any thing on that.  Go figure.

Yes, Dillard got the waiver too.....from article about Cayton

The Huskers want the same to be true of California graduate transfer MiCole Cayton, who transferred to Nebraska after multiple knee surgeries.

“She’s not 100% doing full-court, full-contact just yet, but she is in a position where she’s been doing a lot of live, half-court drills and really progressing and showing a lot of strength,” Williams said of Cayton.

This is the first I've seen that Nailah Dillard is eligible to play this year.

https://omaha.com/sports/huskers/womens-basketball/eastern-washington-transfer-bella-cravens-gets-waiver-to-play-for-huskers-this-season/article_184ba13f-6582-55ef-85ad-03c74bfd1523.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter_OWHbigred

Cravens is one of two Huskers to receive immediate eligibility this season. The other was former Texas Tech guard Nailah Dillard, who left a Red Raider program investigated for widespread abuse of players. The coach, Marlene Stollings, was fired in August, as a result of the investigation. Dillard should be one of Nebraska’s better defenders. is one of two Huskers to receive immediate eligibility this season. The other was former Texas Tech guard Nailah Dillard, who left a Red Raider program investigated for widespread abuse of players. The coach, Marlene Stollings, was fired in August, as a result of the investigation. Dillard should be one of Nebraska’s better defenders.

• 3 weeks later...

Mershon will have to sit:

Mershon just completed her second season at Nebraska, averaging 1.6 points and 2.5 rebounds per game. She will not be eligible to play for the Gophers this season as she sits out one season due to NCAA transfer rules. She sees the year off from games as an opportunity to grow her own game and take her skills to the next level.

“I really want to work on my scoring mentality. At Nebraska, they saw me more as a defensive threat, while the coaches here want me to be more of an overall player,” Mershon said. “I think working on my offensive game and connections with my teammates will make the transition that much easier next year.”

17 minutes ago, whoopdeedoo said:

Mershon just completed her second season at Nebraska, averaging 1.6 points and 2.5 rebounds per game. She will not be eligible to play for the Gophers this season as she sits out one season due to NCAA transfer rules. She sees the year off from games as an opportunity to grow her own game and take her skills to the next level.

“I really want to work on my scoring mentality. At Nebraska, they saw me more as a defensive threat, while the coaches here want me to be more of an overall player,” Mershon said. “I think working on my offensive game and connections with my teammates will make the transition that much easier next year.”

*breaking* just a few minutes ago: according to the StarTribune, coach whalen  (due to injuries and illness) has applied for a waiver for Mershon to be immediately eligible. hoping for a response this week.

Minnesota is down to seven healthy players.

Edited by whoopdeedoo

He's going to have to work on that offensive end of it pretty hard in my book

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

*breaking* just a few minutes ago: according to the StarTribune, coach whalen  (due to injuries and illness) has applied for a waiver for Mershon to be immediately eligible. hoping for a response this week.

Minnesota is down to seven healthy players.
Well join the club Nebraska's not sitting very well on their players either

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, whoopdeedoo said:

Maybe I'm missing something...

That statement about only being a defensive player is concerning.  If Mershon got the idea she was only wanted here to rebound...then there surely was a communication problem here. ......But would have to say that's all she did most of the time. ....also thought she ran the floor fairy well. 

while the coaches here (Minn) want me to be more of an overall player.   I would hope we want all our players to be multifaceted as possible. 

Edited by redsteve

I just think Mershon was a bad fit with Nebraska, shes better in an uptempo system where she can run the floor and set screens and roll or pop. With Cain always in the post it really hurt Mershons skill set imo. I think she's a good fit in the Whalen system where they space the floor and have pretty electric guards. Itll be interesting to see how she does there.

Edited by Husker22