Brown to Michigan

Bugeaters1

11 minutes ago, Red Don said:

That was (too) quick!

I'm sure those feelers from several teams were out there in some form that flew below the radar helping her make up her mind to leave before she told Williams she was leaving.  Should be interesting when we play them.  Hope she has to sit a year. 

24 minutes ago, HUD said:

I'm sure those feelers from several teams were out there in some form that flew below the radar helping her make up her mind to leave before she told Williams she was leaving.  Should be interesting when we play them.  Hope she has to sit a year. 

Isn't that against the rules? I don't think that another team can contact a player until the y leave the team that they are on.

That's right, but it is misleading.  As I understand it, a school may not contact an athlete then on the roster of another school.  BUT there are all sorts of ways to get the word out.  Any friend of the "hunting" school can say to a "hunted" player "don't know if this interests you, but i have it on good authority that if you were ever thinking of leaving your present school, such and such a coach thinks you would be a good fit for his/her team". I think there are plenty of ways that an athlete could know which schools would come calling once she entered the transfer portal. 

32 minutes ago, Tom Jones said:

That's right, but it is misleading.  As I understand it, a school may not contact an athlete then on the roster of another school.  BUT there are all sorts of ways to get the word out.  Any friend of the "hunting" school can say to a "hunted" player "don't know if this interests you, but i have it on good authority that if you were ever thinking of leaving your present school, such and such a coach thinks you would be a good fit for his/her team". I think there are plenty of ways that an athlete could know which schools would come calling once she entered the transfer portal. 

It would be okay when the player is in the portal. but not before.

I made a comment on a post during the last half of the season that it seemed to me that there may be some sort of chemistry issue on the team.  I didn't' explain it further at that time as the only thing I noticed was at times our  not being able to play together on a consistent basis.  By that time in the season we should have had the kinks worked out.  I have no evidence that any players should be singled out but every year is different and this year we seemed to not be together at times for whatever reason.  I'm sure that was frustrating to players, coaches and fans.

It is appalling to think that (adults)??  would act in a manner such as yourselves for a kid that put blood, sweat and tears into the program for 2 years and said or did nothing negative about the program or fans.  To continue to assume, speculate and make hurtful and unfair comments about a 19 year old young lady that poured her soul into your program is despicable.  She did nothing to deserve the negative and inaccurate comments from people that have no idea how the process works. It appears that some of you forget these are kids that you are talking about.  As GBR-gpa put it, time to move on.      

I wish nothing but the best for Leigha. She makes 4 Indiana players on their roster. I would find it hard to believe coaches or staff made contact before she put her name in the portal. I hope I get to see her a couple of more times. While I am and always will cheer on the Huskers, I do hope she has a great two years at Michigan.

if you pour your soul into a program and are happy, don't think you leave. evidently she wasn't happy at nebraska and it's human nature to wonder why the decision to leave was made. usually these transfers take some time, but, this was rather quick---so, the speculation begins. i don't think anyone is ripping on Leigha. it is what it is----but, yah, we will move on. it's seems to be a rebuild and the start seems to be going fairly well right now.

2 hours ago, huskerchode said:

At least she didn't wind up at Iowa!

From her bio:

"She chose Nebraska over Xavier, Belmont, Western Michigan, Wright State, Indiana State, Youngstown State, American and IUPUI."

Easy to see why she chose Michigan.

1 hour ago, nb said:

It is appalling to think that (adults)??  would act in a manner such as yourselves for a kid that put blood, sweat and tears into the program for 2 years and said or did nothing negative about the program or fans.  To continue to assume, speculate and make hurtful and unfair comments about a 19 year old young lady that poured her soul into your program is despicable.  She did nothing to deserve the negative and inaccurate comments from people that have no idea how the process works. It appears that some of you forget these are kids that you are talking about.  As GBR-gpa put it, time to move on.      

Lighten up Francis.😐

On 4/6/2020 at 7:16 AM, whoopdeedoo said:

Michigan must have been pretty high on her list when she was deciding? otherwise, the choice is a bit surprising.

I would guess her mind was made up before she claimed the transfer out...and Mich knew about her interest in transferring there.  It all happened to quick to be just be another transfer. ......She's not going to saying publicly exactly what her reasons are for leaving Nebraska.  Which tells you something in it'self.

And I still maintain ....she was never happy siting the bench, and not start. Was that a a big factor in her leaving?  Your top scorer riding the pines? She should of had more minutes that anybody. 

That kind of stuff leads to chemistry issues. 

I thought she was homesick anyway. (sarcasm)

What a mess this whole thing has become.

Edited by redsteve

13 minutes ago, redsteve said:

I would guess her mind was made up before she claimed the transfer out...and Mich knew about her interest in transferring there.  It all happened to quick to be just be another transfer. ......She's not going to saying publicly exactly what her reasons are for leaving Nebraska.  Which tells you something in it'self.

And I still maintain ....she was never happy siting the bench, and not start. Was that a a big factor in her leaving?  Your top scorer riding the pines? She should of had more minutes that anybody. 

That kind of stuff leads to chemistry issues. 

I thought she was homesick anyway.

What a mess this whole thing has become.

It can't be homesicknes, IT HAS TO BE A COACHING THING.

36 minutes ago, Bugeaters1 said:

It can't be homesicknes, IT HAS TO BE A COACHING THING

Once your ego is bruised it's hard to overcome.  Who the hell want's to be known as the "beast off the bench" when she was the best player on the team.  This one is on the coach. 

Edited by HUD