Kendall Coley

Bugeaters1

Coley is the nation's No. 32 overall prospect — and No. 2 wing — for the 2021 class, according to Prospects Nation. The 6-foot-2 guard had a strong list of offers, including from Ohio State, Washington, Michigan and hometown Minnesota. She averaged 15.5 points, 7.4 rebounds and 3.7 assists for St. Louis Park. 

Her college decision came down to Nebraska and Washington. While Nebraska has several open scholarship spots on its roster now, Coley said she made her decision now because the thought of Nebraska no longer having a spot for her in the future concerned her.

“Basically I just knew that’s where I wanted to be,” Coley said. “It was my No. 1 choice, and if anything would get in the way of me being able to accept my scholarship offer, I would be really sad. I wouldn’t feel like I was going to the school that’s right for me.

12 hours ago, Silverbacked1 said:

maybe why a couple left?

Don't know why they left, but doubt a couple kids committing for the 2021/2022 season scared them off.  From the short time we got to watch them, they 

seemed to enjoy competing.  Best of luck to them all.

from Gopherhole before commitment:

Coley is sitting on 20 offers right now... Another 60 High Interest Schools waiting for spring evaluation period...

Will be trimming list to Top Ten after May Evaluation Period, if we have one...

Mostly from exposure on the National AAU circuit...

Coley’s MN Regional Rankings:
MN Prep Girls Hoops #5
Jr. All-Star MN #2

MN WBB 2021 Recruits on the 3 Top National Ranking Listings that determine the NCAA’s Top Recruiting Classes:

ASGR National 75 2021 Rankings
#25 Jersey Wolfenbarger
#33 Ari Wiggins
#35 Kendall Coley
#43 Sophie Hart
#54 Adalia McKenzie

#75 Sydney Affolter (comitted to Iowa)
NR Meg Newman

ESPN HOOPGURLZ Super 60 2021’s
#19 Jersey Wolfenbarger
#29 Ari Wiggins
#43 Sophie Hart
#46 Meg Newman
NR Kendall Coley
NR Adalia McKenzie

NR Sydney Affolter (comitted to Iowa)

ProspectsNation.com Top 2021’s
#12 Ari Wiggins
#22 Jersey Wolfenbarger
#32 Kendall Coley
#39 Sophie Hart
#44 Sydney Affolter (comitted to Iowa)
#48 Meg Newman
NR Adalia McKenzie

Last edited: 

ProspectsNation.com Top 2021’s

Kendall Moriarty is #67 Overall (#22 Position)  (on Page #2)

(was #38 in Dec 2019)

ESPN HOOPGURLZ Super 60 2021’s

Listing shown only goes up to #60.  Subscription required to see more (if the list does go beyond 60)

ASGR National 75 2021 Rankings

Kendall Moriarty is not listed on their top 75.

https://prospectsnation.com/player/kendall-moriarty

Edited by Red Don

3 hours ago, All About the Corn said:

Well interesting to see one of her best friends is Kennedi Orr, who could very well be the top recruit coming out in 2021 to play volleyball at NE. Doesn't hurt to have one of your best friends going to the same school. 

One article I read said it was a big issue with Coley. They were fiends for a long time, and agreed that it would be great if they both (Orr and Coley ) could be at the same school for college.  Orr in volleyball, and Coley in basketball.

Coley said it was one of the factors in her decision.

Edited by redsteve

3 minutes ago, redsteve said:

One article I read said it was a big issue with Coley. They were fiends for a long time, and agreed that it would be great if they both (Orr and Coley ) could be at the same school for college.  Orr in volleyball, and Coley in basketball.

Coley said it was one of the factors in her decision.

Since like 2nd grade!!

:Bow: GREAT FIND @whoopdeedoo!    :Salute:

“It really was down to two schools I really enjoyed, and I ended up picking Nebraska because I felt like that was the right place for me,” Coley said of her recent commitment to Amy Williams’ Husker women’s basketball program.

Coley’s senior season hasn’t started yet. She’s a 2021 shooting guard, the 32nd overall prospect in the class and the No. 2 wing player in the country. At 6-foot-2, she can do just about anything you ask on the floor. But Minnesota called recently to tell her with some moving pieces on their board, namely the transfer of Kayla Mershon, they weren’t sure if they’d still have a spot for Coley.

“I kind of want to make a decision now,” she told her dad, Tylor (who coaches her AAU team), “because I don’t want anybody to take my scholarship.”

Nebraska could have something special.

Tylor: "I just remember it’s overtime and we’re up two points, and they run an inbounds play and Kendall comes, they throw it in to her, and she pulls up for about a… geez I’ve got to say a 25-footer. And I’m like, ‘Dude, we’re winning, what are you doing?’ I can’t believe she shot the ball.”  (it went in!)

Tylor’s coaching side of his brain was working. Hold the ball and they have to foul.

“Dude, I felt it,” Kendall told him after.

One of Nebraska’s road blocks in recent years has been the absence of a truly dominant playmaker. Someone the Huskers can turn to for a guaranteed bucket in the fourth quarter. Brown was becoming that. Coley could very well be that, but both she and her father agree her best attribute is her passing.

“Kendall’s a pure shooter, I mean, she can shoot the ball with the best of ‘em, but she passes on taking shots to make sure everybody’s involved in the game,” Tylor added.

Edited by Red Don

• 3 months later...