Matt Abdelmassih on HOL

Red Don

Click on link:

https://www.podbean.com/ew/pb-7nugv-d7df5c

Good interview 0:00 thru about 33:00. First 10 mins are intro, etc, & Fred Hoiberg having to leave the game at Indianapolis because of illness. Starting about 10:00 talks about the team some, current status, very complimentary of Delano Banton. From 20:00 thru 33:00 talks about recruiting philosophies, transfers, and how recruiting has changed because of coronaviras limitations.

1 hour ago, khoock said:

I was listening to Matt A intervew from Rivals (lots a good stuff on attrition, recruiting, the staffs take on rebounding). It was the first media appearance by anyone from the basketball staff in idk how long. He made it a point to say that HCFH's goal is to always put the five most skilled players, in terms of their system, on the floor and he doesnt really base it off of your traditional basketball positions. Mentions how they played George Niang (who is 6'6-6'7) as their 5 a lot of the time. My point is, if Kevin Cross is one of the five most skilled players on the team, its very possible he could be used in that same role. 

Edited by Red Don

• 1 month later...

Also, when searching the board for threads on Abdelmasseh, I ran across one from 2014 after Craig Smith left for South Dakota (where Matt A was mentioned as someone we might want to try to get) and found a couple comments that I thought was kind of interesting:

My, how things change, huh?

22 minutes ago, 49r said:

Also, when searching the board for threads on Abdelmasseh, I ran across one from 2014 after Craig Smith left for South Dakota (where Matt A was mentioned as someone we might want to try to get) and found a couple comments that I thought was kind of interesting:

My, how things change, huh?

Great find, Niner!