WBB Blog

Bugeaters1

SIAP -  I was flipping channels, and noticed Leigha Brown suited up in the WNBA game.  A quick Google found this headline;  "Connecticut Sun Acquires Leigha Brown in Trade with Atlanta Dream."  

Glad we won't be facing her anymore.
That whole family needed bitch slapped!!!!

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

since husker news should be rather quiet for a stretch, just thought i would pass this along. was talking to my cousin who lives just north of the cities. the topic of a 2028 recruit from Duluth, Mn came up. Chloe Johnson---i may have mentioned her before. 5' 10" guard. cuz told me that there have been some wbb commentators that have already dubbed her the #1 recruit in the country for 2028. well, yes, it's awful early and we all know that can change, but, even to get a mention at her age is pretty doggone impressive. anyway, after talking with him i looked up a few articles and whatever i could find on her. from some of her comments, i think the gophers will have a really good shot at getting her to commit---however, that is if the new coach has some pretty decent success. 

i'm just amazed the talent that minnesota keeps putting out in girls basketball.

• 1 month later...
55 minutes ago, 12dozen said:

since followers pretty much have a good idea what huskers face in the conference, here is the ranking and record for the non-con:

Northwestern State     324    8-18

Wyoming                        87     21-11

Alcorn State                 325     10-17 

Creighton                       24      22-9

Lamar                            188     17-12

TCU                                198     8-23

Florida Atlantic              236    10-18

Georgia Tech                114      13-17

UNC Wilmington           337     4-24

Southern                        193     16-14

Kansas                             51      22-11

https://www.weareiowa.com/video/sports/locked-on/lo-national/locked-on-womens-basketball/dawn-plitzuweit-minnesota-golden-gophers-prepare-to-conquer-big-ten-womens-basketball-podcast/535-637aab7a-6003-48a8-a816-985b2ab2c0ce

i understand many of you only want to hear about Husker bb......however, this is a pretty interesting interview with Dawn Plitzuweit from Minnesota. 

i will go out on a limb right now........IF she can get the gophers to finish in that 5 to 7 range this season, and show they can compete with some or most of the top 5 teams.......there is so much talent in that region she just might have Minny competing for titles in a couple of years. in other words, she may get the upper talent to stay at home. this is a squad that just might play leap frog.

guessing they were there to watch 3:

Maddyn Greenway 2026

Emma Millerbernd  2027

Ari Peterson  2028 (if last name looks familiar, yes, Adrian Peterson's daughter)

Most think Greenway is a lock for Iowa (both parents attended Iowa)...however, don't throw minny out of contention.

Edited by whoopdeedoo

• 4 weeks later...

Ashley Scoggin update:

Ashley is back on the Rebels roster as a graduate student after having knee surgery in early January 2023.

2023-24 Women's Basketball Roster-UNLV Rebels

Ashley Scoggin Head Shot

0Ashley Scoggin

• Position 
    Guard
  • Class-Graduate Student
  • Major-B.S. Child, Youth and Family Studies; Intercollegiate & Professional Sports Management

1 hour ago, whoopdeedoo said:

granted.....rumor. i heard some ACC schools are looking at Big Ten. North Carolina being one of them. 

who knows.......but, wow.......wbb would just get tougher and tougher. USC and UCLA on their way.

Money  is talking ....B1G has it flowing. .......And Washington and Oregon coming the next year.

• 2 weeks later...

11-20

Watched some of the Iowa game last weekend. They will win lots of games. Clark wasn't drilling the basket constantly, at least when I  watched. Still has those sneaky  moments where she elbows someone, etc. 

But the team was in pretty good flow most of the time.

Lot's of new Iowa faces, but the they are "players".  The new guards (maybe were on the bench last year?) Don't who were freshmen...anyway one's that I watched were skilled and up tempo . Never saw McCabe on the floor, but didn't watch all the game.  The new bigs are pretty capable too.

We'll need to be ready when they come up on the schedule.

• 2 weeks later...

NCAA WBB NET ratings:  (#45 😯)

Michigan State sitting at #7

30 29 Texas A&M SEC 7-1 2-1 1-0 4-0 0-0
31 32 Virginia Tech ACC 5-2 0-1 2-1 3-0 0-0
32 30 Miami (FL) ACC 7-0 1-0 0-0 6-0 0-0
33 35 Villanova Big East 5-2 2-2 0-0 3-0 0-0
34 34 TCU Big 12 7-0 0-0 2-0 5-0 1-0
35 37 Nebraska Big Ten 6-2 1-0 1-1 4-1 0-0
36 38 Washington Pac-12 8-0 1-0 2-0 5-0 0-0
37 33 Penn St. Big Ten 7-2 1-1 1-1 5-0 0-0
38 36 Syracuse ACC 7-1 0-1 2-0 5-0 0-0
39 39 Mississippi St. SEC 8-2 1-1 3-0 4-1 0-0
40 40 Oregon St. Pac-12 6-0 0-0 0-0 6-0 0-0
41 41 Richmond Atlantic 10 7-2 2-2 2-0 3-0 0-0
42 45 Saint Joseph's Atlantic 10 7-0 5-0 0-0 2-0 0-0
43 42 Minnesota Big Ten 7-1 0-0 0-0 7-1 0-0
44 44 Princeton Ivy League 5-3 2-2 1-1 2-0 0-0
45 43 Maryland Big Ten 6-3 0-2 2-1 4-0 0-0
46 46 Davidson Atlantic 10 7-1 2-1 0-0 5-0 0-0
47 47 Seton Hall Big East 5-3 0-2 1-1 4-0 0-0
48 48 Fairfield MAAC 4-1 4-1 0-0 0-0 1-0
49 49 Kansas Big 12 3-4 0-2 1-2 2-0 0-0
50 50 Oklahoma Big 12 6-2 2-0 0-2 4-0 0-0

Edited by whoopdeedoo

30 minutes ago, 12dozen said:

Is Brenda Frese feeling any heat?  She might be challenging to play for, but it has worked for her before. Not sure what to think of their current rating.

no info, but, i would be a little surprised. come march, it might change. she has had a number transfer out the past few seasons, but, seems to do a pretty darn good job in replacing them. 

probably something to keep an eye on.

On 12/5/2023 at 11:47 AM, HUD said:

We can move up a lot from #35 if we beat the # 7 Mich. St. team at their place this weekend.  Which NU team will show up?  1st half or 2nd half team from Georgia Tech game.

We are now at #20 before even playing #7 Mich. St.  Another nice boost available if we win.

Edited by HUD
sp

Maybe a bit too much or to early.....but get the feeling this team can really be good. The components are there. At all positions...some are stronger than others of course.  Have some very good experience, and a complement of good freshmen, that are contributing right away.

Chemistry seems good all around.

Just use them correctly, get the minutes right, schemes that work for your personnel, etc etc. but the potential seems greater than some past teams. Need everyone to stay healthy. But I like where we're going.

Edited by redsteve

2 hours ago, redsteve said:

Maybe a bit too much or to early.....but get the feeling this team can really be good. The components are there. At all positions...some are stronger than others of course.  Have some very good experience, and a complement of good freshmen, that are contributing right away.

Chemistry seems good all around.

Just use them correctly, get the minutes right, schemes that work for your personnel, etc etc. but the potential seems greater than some past teams. Need everyone to stay healthy. But I like where we're going.

I think the next 4 games should be real telling on where we are and where we going.  I think the first half of the GTU game was the wake up call we've been needing and the second was the response and since of urgency we've been needing to see

Lincoln - Nebraska women's basketball is offering an amazing ticket deal just in time for the holidays as part of its Pack PBA promotion when the Huskers host Indiana on Jan. 7. 

The Nebraska Athletic Ticket Office has activated a 5 for 35 ticket plan in honor of All-American Jordan Hooper's No. 35 jersey retirement, expected during pregame ceremonies on Jan. 7. The plan allows fans to purchase 5 general admission tickets for the game for just $35.

Tickets are available on-line now at Huskers.com. Although a game time has not been set for the contest with Indiana, it is expected to be played in the afternoon on Jan. 7 with an anticipated tip time between 1 and 5 p.m. (CT).