WBB Blog

Bugeaters1

4 hours ago, KarlHessEatMy.... said:

Did nebraska try to recruit Morrow from DePaul at all?  I didn't realize both her parents played sports at nebraska!! I could see her transferring out after this year.. she is a beast on the court

Just went to look up her bio and realized she's Ed's sister.

1 hour ago, KarlHessEatMy.... said:

Oh now that would make more sense on why. I am sure they have a sour taste in their mouth after what Ed went threw here. I forgot about Ed. 

I'm not quite sure what sour taste Ed would have had here other than he wanted more time on the perimeter.  I guess he also had a few foot problems.  Could you elaborate as to what created his sour taste for Nebraska?  

I thought it was generally an amicable parting.  Sort of the sign of the times so to speak.

just some ISU news: Ashley Joens has announced on her twitter account that she will be returning to ISU next season. good news for ISU. 

i've always enjoyed watching ISU wbb. it's actually kinda where i got my start watching women's college bb. growing up in sd, if there was a college wbb game televised in that area, it was normally ISU. 

Edited by whoopdeedoo

On 3/28/2022 at 3:22 PM, whoopdeedoo said:

just some ISU news: Ashley Joens has announced on her twitter account that she will be returning to ISU next season. good news for ISU. 

i've always enjoyed watching ISU wbb. it's actually kinda where i got my start watching women's college bb. growing up in sd, if there was a college wbb game televised in that area, it was normally ISU. 

She might leave some records that will never be matched.

Just an fyi about West Virginia's new womens basketball coach,  Dawn Plitzuweit, in case you did not realize it.   She has been the women's basketball coach at the University of South Dakota since our NE Amy Williams departed the USD program.  South Dakota beat Ole Miss and No. 2 seed Baylor in the NCAA tournament this year before losing to Michigan  in the Sweet 16 finnishing the season 29-6. 

Plitzuweit went 158-36 in six seasons at South Dakota, including four NCAA tournament appearances. She was named the Summit League Coach of the Year three times.

• 3 weeks later...

Maddie Krull and Kyah Watson from USD have entered the transfer portal. was told they made a trip to WVU and take a look, where their former head coach at USD took the position. what else is floating around is that they may be showing interest in Nebraska and/or Creighton. i know Krull has been a very good player for USD---don't know much about Watson. the other rumor is they may go back to USD. if huskers don't have anything stirring in the pot, i know Krull may be a pretty good pick up. anyway.....like i said, basketball rumors.

8 hours ago, whoopdeedoo said:

Maddie Krull and Kyah Watson from USD have entered the transfer portal. was told they made a trip to WVU and take a look, where their former head coach at USD took the position. what else is floating around is that they may be showing interest in Nebraska and/or Creighton. i know Krull has been a very good player for USD---don't know much about Watson. the other rumor is they may go back to USD. if huskers don't have anything stirring in the pot, i know Krull may be a pretty good pick up. anyway.....like i said, basketball rumors.

Watson was a very impressive player in the tournament.