Veerbeek and Marshon are gone

redsteve

That's right of course - we HAVE to move on - no choice about that.  BUT ... move on to WHAT?   THat's the choice now sitting on the desk of the AD.

I see no basis for hope that next season will be anything other than cellar dwelling - a continuation of the descent that began middle of last season in the direction of #14.  Unquestionably, the Huskers will enter next season substantially less talented than at the end of last season. To what destination other than #14 leads an attempt to execute with less talent a system that didnt work with more talent?  "Moving on" means facing those facts and that prospect.  

So next season WILL BE  laying a foundation for a near total rebuild. Will it be done in year five of a program that showed modest signs of success before hitting a wall and crumbling in year four?  Or will it be year one of something new that is unburdened by all these recent disappointments and can start with a credible, marketable, sense of enthusiasm and excitement?  

Edited by Tom Jones
typos

4 hours ago, khoock said:

Thats just a HUGE assumption and you know what they say about assuming lol.

And this whole thread is about assuming that it's the coach and that it's the locker room. When none of us don't know jack shit about the situation. From what SM posted on here that Browns departure was unexpected. Tells me something, He knows more about what is going on than we do. 

Bug, while not being privy to inside info, we DO know a little more than jack shit.  In the words of Yogi Berra "sometimes you can observe a lot just by watching", and We know what can be observed.  We know wins and losses, rebounds and turnovers, offensive and defensive alignment/technique/strategy, on court behavior, the recruits we get and the ones we miss, the players who stay and those who leave.  And we can compare all those to teams similarly situated. What we don't know is WHY.  The usual underlying factors from which the things we know derive would include, among others, recruiting, player development, player retention, and team chemistry. And from where do those derive? 

21 hours ago, Bugeaters1 said:

For those of you unhappy with Coach Williams. Texas fired their coach today, Seems like she would be a good get. had something like 284 180 record. would have to look it up to be sure.

So be careful of what you wish for.

I was very surprised by Karen Aston’s dismissal from UT and they are keeping Shaka Smart!!   I guess she couldn’t beat Baylor. She did recruit well but Austin is pretty easy to recruit.

2 hours ago, Bugeaters1 said:

And this whole thread is about assuming that it's the coach and that it's the locker room. When none of us don't know jack shit about the situation. From what SM posted on here that Browns departure was unexpected. Tells me something, He knows more about what is going on than we do. 

Does Sam know that much more?  You just stated, her departure was unexpected by him.  Seems like we are all in the same boat.  As far as Coach being a focal point of this thread?  The buck stops at her desk.  Comes with the big check.

Like these things that happen.....we'll probably never know all the truth...(details)...so not sure it's worth all the speculation (much like when Connie left)

There may  well be more stuff to happen before fall.  We only guess what any of it might be. And we all have ideas apparently.

But like when all the dust settled with the Connie departure, and subsequent transfers/departures...we know...what will be will be.

It all sucks again (pardon my french).  So, for the duration of the Coronavirus, I'll continue to be locked down and watch football replays of when we were good.

Edited by redsteve

On 4/3/2020 at 10:10 AM, 12dozen said:

Just because it happens, doesn't mean there isn't a problem.  This isn't all that common for our WBB.  And, it isn't something done with little consideration. I 

imagine it is anything but simple, to transfer.  There is the academic side to consider, credits to transfer, new location, new coaches, new teammates, and the possibility of sitting out a year?  Transferring isn't done on a whim.

Attrition was expected after this season.

but brown wasn’t part of that expectation. 

2 hours ago, 12dozen said:

Does Sam know that much more?  You just stated, her departure was unexpected by him.  Seems like we are all in the same boat.  As far as Coach being a focal point of this thread?  The buck stops at her desk.  Comes with the big check.

Coach isn't theard title, it's about Veerbeek and Mershon.

3 hours ago, Cazzie22 said:

I was very surprised by Karen Aston’s dismissal from UT and they are keeping Shaka Smart!!   I guess she couldn’t beat Baylor. She did recruit well but Austin is pretty easy to recruit.

Her record is very good. maybe there was a lockroom problem there as well.

2 hours ago, 12dozen said:

I'm guessing he knows more than we know about whats going on.

Edited by Bugeaters1

2 hours ago, redsteve said:

Like these things that happen.....we'll probably never know all the truth...(details)...so not sure it's worth all the speculation (much like when Connie left)

There may  well be more stuff to happen before fall.  We only guess what any of it might be. And we all have ideas apparently.

But like when all the dust settled with the Connie departure, and subsequent transfers/departures...we know...what will be will be.

It all sucks again (pardon my french).  So, for the duration of the Coronavirus, I'll continue to be locked down and watch football replays of when we were good.

take a look at these guys.

3 hours ago, 12dozen said:

Yeah. 650 big ones...