Burke Gone!

Red Don

4 minutes ago, FredsSlacks said:

probably the most disappointing player of this season. expected a lot more.

If we had retained Miles he and Green would have fit the style of offense better, but we'd still had only won 10 - 12 games or so.  And we'd be going through a coaching search and trying to rebuild a roster in the middle of this unforeseen worldwide mess.

1 minute ago, Dead Dog Alley said:

If we had retained Miles he and Green would have fit the style of offense better, but we'd still had only won 10 - 12 games or so.  And we'd be going through a coaching search and trying to rebuild a roster in the middle of this unforeseen worldwide mess.

whatever the case, he scored 18ppg at robert morris which is a very respectable program. with 2 years of training and maturing, i expected more than 12ppg and 50% FT shooting.

12 minutes ago, FredsSlacks said:

whatever the case, he scored 18ppg at robert morris which is a very respectable program. with 2 years of training and maturing, i expected more than 12ppg and 50% FT shooting.

Burkey shot 40.1% FG, 30.4% 3FG, and 56.6% FT. Not too hot, that's for certain. He was able to provide a pretty solid perimeter defensive effort.

Well, I appreciate him because he was a Husker but I am very pleased we have a staff that means business. Again, something we have never had. The constant attempts at upgrading is correct and gives the fan base hope. I wish Burke well. Now let's sign Sanogo and the Grad. Transfer Marfo so we won't ever be anything less than dominant on the glass!

No surprise. Don't blame him but I would kind of liked to have seen him back. He seemed fairly on board most of the year and I think he is a hard worker (from all I can tell). Honestly I was surprised to see him get suspended by missing curfew at the end of the year. I would imagine he will follow Miles assuming he falls in somewhere decent, but that's obviously up in the air as well.

It's hard to get disappointed by any one individual transferring off of this team.  We were absolutely terrible this year, so you've got to assume that this year's players won't have very large roles moving forward (other than Cam if he were to return).  But collectively it does worry me a bit.   Need to have some continuity to build upon, even if that continuity will be role and/or bench players next season.

7 hours ago, FredsSlacks said:

probably the most disappointing player of this season. expected a lot more.

Burke

12.2 ppg

3.4 rpg

1.27 apg

40.1% FG

30.4% 3

56.6% FT

Kobe King

10.0 ppg

2.8 rpg

1.58 apg

45.9% FG

25.0% 3

67.3% FT

Not saying he wasn't disappointing, but Kobe King had basically the same production at Wisconsin. So I hope you aren't expecting King to tear it up next year.

27 minutes ago, GoBigFred said:

Burke

12.2 ppg

3.4 rpg

1.27 apg

40.1% FG

30.4% 3

56.6% FT

Kobe King

10.0 ppg

2.8 rpg

1.58 apg

45.9% FG

25.0% 3

67.3% FT

Not saying he wasn't disappointing, but Kobe King had basically the same production at Wisconsin. So I hope you aren't expecting King to tear it up next year.

Kobe King wasn’t exactly missed by the Wisconsin faithful either, considering they went 9-1 after he left. I do have faith that a new offense will help him utilize his strengths more freely tho. 

I enjoyed watching Dachon Burke.  Sorry to see him go.

I don't understand the bagging on Kobe King.  He and Burke have different games.  On shooting threes, for example,

King doesn’t shoot many: out of 19 games played last season, King shot two or fewer 3s in 15 of them;

Burke shoots a lot of 3s: out of 29 games played last season, Burke shot four 3s or more in 17 of them.

8 hours ago, GoBigFred said:

Burke

12.2 ppg

3.4 rpg

1.27 apg

40.1% FG

30.4% 3

56.6% FT

Kobe King

10.0 ppg

2.8 rpg

1.58 apg

45.9% FG

25.0% 3

67.3% FT

kobe played on the best team in the big 10 and at a slower pace. at the very least he will be more efficient than burke.

3 hours ago, FredsSlacks said:

kobe played on the best team in the big 10 and at a slower pace. at the very least he will be more efficient than burke.

ok I'll give you that for his per game averages, but that has nothing to do with his percentages, which were pretty similar to Burke's.