Spielman was the smart one

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm one of those weirdos that doesn't really follow the Husker football team.  So when I read today that JD has been away from the team for 2+ months and is not communicating with the coaching staff, I was shocked.  Can someone enlighten me on what led to JD taking a break from the team?  And is this expected to be a permanent rift, or is he expected back for the season?

On 6/2/2020 at 9:45 PM, aphilso1 said:

I'm one of those weirdos that doesn't really follow the Husker football team.  So when I read today that JD has been away from the team for 2+ months and is not communicating with the coaching staff, I was shocked.  Can someone enlighten me on what led to JD taking a break from the team?  And is this expected to be a permanent rift, or is he expected back for the season?

I don’t think football is a high priority for JD. Seems like he was burned out. At this point it sounds pretty doubtful he will be returning. 

Hopefully we now have enough quality depth where Wandale can strictly play WR. Between him and Manning we should be fine at WR as long as they stay healthy. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I, for one, am glad that Stanley Morgan Jr. will remain the record holder. He deserves it. Dude was totally bought in, despite the poor results for much of his Sr. year. Loved everything about SM-Jr. And JD, hope he finds what he's lookin' for, I suspect that could be a challenge. He had it pretty good at NU, tbh.