OT: Over and Over

cipsucks

Since it appears many people will be spending more time these days self quarantining, there is more time to watch some quality movies.  I've put together a list of 13 movies, that if they pop up on the TV, I'll watch regardless of how many times I've seen them before.  Not saying they're the greatest of all time, just ones I really enjoy.  My list could have been much longer than thirteen, but I figured Hollywood shouldn't have any more scholarships than the Husker basketball team.  Here's my list in no particular order:

The Help

Green Book

Second Hand Lions

Count of Monte Christo

Field of Dreams

Lion King (the original)

Mississippi Burning

The Patriot

The Green Mile

Big Jake

The Legend of Bagger Vance

Ghost

Tombstone

Let's turn this into a mini cip contest.  Post your favorite 13 movies and whoever gets the most upvotes will get something from Nebraska Star Beef.  Not sure what yet, but for you medical mask wearing people, we'll ship it to your door.  😀

Star Wars (any of them)

The Usual Suspects

Memento

Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Amadeus

Caddyshack

My Cousin Vinny (I will watch this any time it’s on)

A Few Good Men (this one as well)

Raiders of the Lost Ark

Back to the Future

Ferris Bueller’s Day Off

Animal House

Blazing Saddles

21 minutes ago, Handy Johnson said:

The Graduate

No Country For Old Men

Spinal Tap 

Cat On a Hot Tin Roof

Hoop Dreams

True Grit 

Mullholland Drive 

the Last Picture Show 

Repo Man

Don’t Look Back 

Kids 

Be Here to Love Me: Townes Van Zandt

Pride of the Yankees

Upvote for Kids. Haven’t seen that in over twenty years; it still leaves a mark. 

39 minutes ago, atskooc said:

Upvote for Kids. Haven’t seen that in over twenty years; it still leaves a mark. 

That film too really shook me like no other. Talked with a friend at the time, said he didn’t look at anything the same for a long time either. I think it might’ve hit “too close to home” in the way a lot of us were living....

Lots of good ones already mentioned but here are some of the ones I have seen many times myself: ( BTW, I am a big Brad Pitt fan)

Legends of the Fall 

A River Runs Through It

True Romance

The Strange Case of Benjamin Button

Jeremiah Johnson

The Wizard of Oz

Dr. Zhivago

Last of the Mohicans

Titanic

True Grit (New version)

Edited by jimmykc

My go to movies:

Casablanca

Lawrence of Arabia

Bridge Over the River Kwai

Young Frankenstein

The Third Man

Breaker Morant

Godfather I & II but not III

The Blue Max

Goldfinger

Local Hero

The Searchers

Thank goodness for Law and Order reruns, that I have Band of Brothers and GOT episodes recorded!!

Well first of all if you are doing a list of all-time best movies you have to really qualify it to say all-time best movies other than The Godfather & The Godfather II.   Those are in a class by themselves and nothing else really compares.   

After that this would be my list:

Caddyshack

Animal House

Bull Durham

Lord of the Rings Trilogy (3 in 1)

Shawshank Redemption

Pulp Fiction

Silence of the Lambs

Field of Dreams

Sons of Katie Elder

A Touch of Class

I am sure I am missing a few that belong on this list - but that is what I came up with off the top of my head in 10 minutes.

2 hours ago, jimmykc said:

Lots of good ones already mentioned but here are some of the ones I have seen many times myself: ( BTW, I am a big Brad Pitt fan)

Legends of the Fall 

A River Runs Through It

True Romance

The Strange Case of Benjamin Button

Jeremiah Johnson

The Wizard of Oz

Dr. Zhivago

Last of the Mohicans

Titanic

True Grit (New version)

Have you seen “Kalifornia” with Pitt & Juliette Lewis...? A murderous, delinquent road trip goes wrong.

33 minutes ago, Handy Johnson said:

Have you seen “Kalifornia” with Pitt & Juliette Lewis...? A murderous, delinquent road trip goes wrong.

Yep, also "Thelma and Louise" (which I didn't like). Incidentally, I finally saw "The Tree of Life" last night and haven't quite figured out whether it was a piece of pretentious claptrap or one of the finest pieces of cinema of the past decade. I'll have to think about it a bit more.

2 hours ago, jimmykc said:

Yep, also "Thelma and Louise" (which I didn't like). Incidentally, I finally saw "The Tree of Life" last night and haven't quite figured out whether it was a piece of pretentious claptrap or one of the finest pieces of cinema of the past decade. I'll have to think about it a bit more.

I’ll go with pretentious claptrap & I was never a big “Thelma & Louise”  fan either. “Burn After Reading” & “Once Upon a Time in Hollywood” I thought were throw aways for him too, where he certainly wasn’t taxed.

Not Another Teen Movie

A Few Good Men

Hoosiers

Crimson Tide

Super Troopers

Beerfest

Field of Dreams

Bull Durham

Major League

Mississippi Burning

The Godfather I & II (combined)

Tombstone

The Running Man (one of several terrible movies that I find entertaining for some reason)

Really hard to keep this list to only 13 - but a fun exercise nonetheless!