Kobe Webster is 'N'

2 hours ago, Handy Johnson said:

Nate did have a “tryout” with the Lakers...!

A former NU teammate has said Nate abruptly left Lakers camp when Johnson seemed to be on the verge of making the L.A.L. team, and nobody's heard from him since he left ("no contact" to at least those still in NE, I should add).

22 hours ago, AuroranHusker said:

So, that sounds a lot like Dachon Burke, then.

He might be. Would Burke have taken so many shots if we had more scoring options?

Webster's FT and 3pt numbers indicate he's easily a better shooter than Burke but the drive for contact isn't there.  I don't think we need Webster to drive and get fouled though...if he's handling the ball he needs to drive and make a good decision.

2 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

He might be. Would Burke have taken so many shots if we had more scoring options?

Webster's FT and 3pt numbers indicate he's easily a better shooter than Burke but the drive for contact isn't there.  I don't think we need Webster to drive and get fouled though...if he's handling the ball he needs to drive and make a good decision.

That was more my snarkiness shining through... I agree that Kobe will become more of NU's distributor than strictly a shooter/scorer (like Dachon).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...