Kobe Webster is 'N'

4 minutes ago, basketballjones said:

I have to imagine this means they’re expecting Mack to be gone. I don’t see these two as guys who can be on the court at the same time. 

That being said, we’re going to be severely limited at the guard spot, especially with Burke’s status up in the air. 

How so..??

Edited by ConkintheCorner

1 minute ago, ConkintheCorner said:

Thor, Banton, Webster, Allen, king

The only two on that list who I consider a guard are King and Webster. Neither are here yet and one we don’t know the eligibility on. However, maybe I would have been more accurate if I said, “were severely missing quick, slashing, ball-screen manipulating guards.”

-Banton, sure, I get it. But completely unproven.

-Allen, not a guard in my opinion. Literally playing the 5-ish spot at WNCC, and will play a 3-4-5 like Kevin Cross (but waaaaaay better, don’t get me twisted now). Also, high risk player here. 

-Thor, this board hasn’t seemed to be in agreement with me on this, but he’s not very good. He gave a valiant effort on the worst team in Nebraska basketball history, and I applaud him for that. 

15 minutes ago, basketballjones said:

The only two on that list who I consider a guard are King and Webster. Neither are here yet and one we don’t know the eligibility on. However, maybe I would have been more accurate if I said, “were severely missing quick, slashing, ball-screen manipulating guards.”

-Allen, not a guard in my opinion. Literally playing the 5-ish spot at WNCC, and will play a 3-4-5 like Kevin Cross (but waaaaaay better, don’t get me twisted now). Also, high risk player here. 

-Thor, this board hasn’t seemed to be in agreement with me on this, but he’s not very good. He gave a valiant effort on the worst team in Nebraska basketball history, and I applaud him for that. 

Stevenson is also more than capable of playing the guard position. 

1 hour ago, basketballjones said:

I have to imagine this means they’re expecting Mack to be gone. I don’t see these two as guys who can be on the court at the same time. 

That being said, we’re going to be severely limited at the guard spot, especially with Burke’s status up in the air. 

We lost Cam Mack and Dachon Burke.

We gained Kobe Webster, Kobe King, Dalano Banton and Teddy Allen.

I wouldn't say we are severely limited at the guard spot at all. And I think you are under-estimating Teddy Allen's skill-set as well. Also i might add Webster might not be as quick or as skilled as Mack, but if he is 10x the person/teammate mack was, we'll be better off. 

Also, Fred's second year team at Iowa State had Royce White as its primary "guard" and that went alright (23-11, NCAA Second Round). Iowa State's starting lineup in 2011-12 was 6-3, 6, 3, 6-5, 6-6, 6-8.

Right now our starting lineup for next year is probably 6-0 Webster, 6-4 King, 6-5 Allen, 6-8 Banton, 6-9 Ouedraogo. 

I was worried about our guards before. But adding a senior grand transfer/proven DI scorer/proven good teammate, I'm not worried about it now. We need an athletic big man more than another guard.

38 minutes ago, GoBigFred said:

We lost Cam Mack and Dachon Burke.

We gained Kobe Webster, Kobe King, Dalano Banton and Teddy Allen.

I wouldn't say we are severely limited at the guard spot at all. And I think you are under-estimating Teddy Allen's skill-set as well. Also i might add Webster might not be as quick or as skilled as Mack, but if he is 10x the person/teammate mack was, we'll be better off. 

Also, Fred's second year team at Iowa State had Royce White as its primary "guard" and that went alright (23-11, NCAA Second Round). Iowa State's starting lineup in 2011-12 was 6-3, 6, 3, 6-5, 6-6, 6-8.

Right now our starting lineup for next year is probably 6-0 Webster, 6-4 King, 6-5 Allen, 6-8 Banton, 6-9 Ouedraogo. 

I was worried about our guards before. But adding a senior grand transfer/proven DI scorer/proven good teammate, I'm not worried about it now. We need an athletic big man more than another guard.

Paging Adama Sanogo......... You got next.

2 hours ago, basketballjones said:

Thor is not an All American type no, but I will take him as a role guy.  Agree if he is starting next year, we will struggle.

1 hour ago, Handy Johnson said:

This ends any speculation regarding Mack,   I would expect him to step in & start but we’ll see. Also, future Husker Hunter Sallis will be playing on the Television tonight if you wanna tune in... GBR!

u sure he will be a Huskers?