2020 Transfer Szn

hhcmatt

3 hours ago, Chuck Taylor said:

Quite a journey for him. Joins a team that would have made the NCAA this year. 

Maybe would have made the NCAA tourney.  They ended their season on a 5 game losing streak and were very on the bubble by the end.

On 4/6/2020 at 9:34 AM, hhcmatt said:

Big blow for us. In a world where Jays PGs have torched us with good decision making and execution, Mintz displayed the opposite of those characteristics. I'm legit sorry to see him go.

He’s going to Kentucky word on the street. Which is insane to me. 

11 hours ago, OmahaHusker said:

He’s going to Kentucky word on the street. Which is insane to me. 

Davion Mintz, Kentucky starter, seems bad. Mintz as a veteran role player who has a semi-reliable shot seems like it sure could work.

After Signing Day, Huskers are apparently still in the Hunt for:

El Ellis (2021, could reclassify to 2020)
Trevor Lakes
DJ Carton   
> Marquette
Jeff Otchere

https://www.omaha.com/sports/college/huskers/teams/mens-basketball/nebraska-basketball-transfer-tracker-the-latest-on-potential-additions-to/article_21564333-0196-50e2-ae03-8ccaf0f65cec.html

Edited by Red Don

13 hours ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

Iowa's Cordell Pemsl is transferring to Virginia Tech. 

Now that he's leaving — Cordell's a good man. Very smart, polite, good-natured, always a smile on his face. Most important, he's deferential to faculty.

Edited by jayschool

2 minutes ago, jayschool said:

Now that he's leaving — Cordell's a good man. Very smart, polite, good-natured, always a smile on his face. Most important, he's deferential to faculty.

He's clearly made questionable life decisions in the past though, let's hope he's grown out of that.  Leaving Iowa was a good first step!  😁

6 hours ago, jayschool said:

I knew him (sort of) when he was a little boy growing up in Dubuque. I coached at UD where his aunt was a 4 sport letterwinner. She did work study in the athletic department and brought him around sometimes. She was as impressive a person as you might imagine, though as track coach I was disappointed when she decided to play softball her last year

12 hours ago, jayschool said:

If he'd just been funnier looking, let's say having an extra ear or having an arm growing out of the top of his head, he wouldn't have been such a misfit for the Iowa roster.