2020 Transfer Szn

hhcmatt

14 hours ago, Vinny said:

Both McGowen and Nolley shot <40% FG and 3pt FG near 30%. Not stellar. I know system and what you’re asked to do can make a big difference, and Hoiberg can teach shooting, but he’d have some work to do with either.

Hoiberg can teach getting a better shot. I'm not sure that we can definitely say he can teach guys to make shots at a higher rate.  If Walker comes out shooting 60% from the line (check his previous numbers at your own risk), then I'll become a believer.

14 hours ago, Vinny said:

Both McGowen and Nolley shot <40% FG and 3pt FG near 30%. Not stellar. I know system and what you’re asked to do can make a big difference, and Hoiberg can teach shooting, but he’d have some work to do with either.

Just find out whoever "taught" Brian Conklin how to shoot again after his junior season.

image.png

4 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

Hoiberg can teach getting a better shot. I'm not sure that we can definitely say he can teach guys to make shots at a higher rate.  If Walker comes out shooting 60% from the line (check his previous numbers at your own risk), then I'll become a believer.

Yeah, you can teach getting a better shot, that is part of what I meant when I said scheme and what you’re asked to do can help. Are you asked to be the team’s main scoring threat and put yourself in a position where you end up taking difficult shots, or be a complimentary piece. 

You can also teach better footwork/balance, hand placement and mechanics on the shots you do take. Which should lead to improvements unless players are at their ceilings. Most college players aren’t at their ceilings.

I wonder if the Coronavirus situation will slow roster attrition and player movement this offseason. Being that coaches arent able to fly around the country as much (i think). Could create a little more reluctance in players leaving their current situation for a new one where they arent able to meet with the new staff and teammates and see the new campus and facilities.

Just a thought. 

8 minutes ago, khoock said:

I wonder if the Coronavirus situation will slow roster attrition and player movement this offseason. Being that coaches arent able to fly around the country as much (i think). Could create a little more reluctance in players leaving their current situation for a new one where they arent able to meet with the new staff and teammates and see the new campus and facilities.

Just a thought. 

8 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

Shoot, I'd take Derrick Walker hittin' 50% on FTs.