Coaching Carousel 2020

uneblinstu

9 minutes ago, 49r said:

Probably go with the interim coach for this year and hire the mid major flavor of the month after the tourney in March?

Sorry for spamming the board on this topic but I just went over and browsed the PSU Hoops forum and they pointed out that John Beilein is currently unemployed.  That would be a move that would make some actual sense and I'd bet there's at least a non-zero chance they could get him.

OTOH, that would also mean they'd have to show a tiny bit of commitment to the men's hoops program, and the next time PSU does that will be the first, so...

Edited by 49r

3 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

I actually screamed out loud when I read he resigned.

I had forgotten about his sketchy comments and the internal investigation that followed, but given those factors I suppose this shouldn't be much of a surprise to anyone.  PSU fans were never very enamored with him anyway.  Too bad for them too because it looked like he was just starting to turn the corner with that program.  C'est la vie.

Edited by 49r

I guess this ends the "ten year" plan he had when he signed. I don't know anything about his crime. Does anyone know if it had real merit a la Bobby Knight, or was he just a victim of the tender sensibilities of the "woke society"? I never really cared for his "tuff guy" persona but if "prickdom" is grounds for resignation, why do the Gophers still have the same coach? 

1 hour ago, jimmykc said:

I guess this ends the "ten year" plan he had when he signed. I don't know anything about his crime. Does anyone know if it had real merit a la Bobby Knight, or was he just a victim of the tender sensibilities of the "woke society"? I never really cared for his "tuff guy" persona but if "prickdom" is grounds for resignation, why do the Gophers still have the same coach? 

Everyone is at some point an asshole.  We're talking about whether or not Chambers is a tremendous asshole.

In July it was revealed that Rashad Bolton transferred because Chambers was an asshole. Penn State started talking to everyone as a school like Penn State should have at least one sport in which it further investigates and it turns out that the guy who shoved Myles Dread during a game is a raging asshole per many former players and assistants.  Seems pretty apparent he's in the neighborhood of the Bobby Knight/Woody Hayes zone of behavior without being in the zipcode of their results.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/9/2020 at 11:19 AM, hhcmatt said:

This guy has always been a noted dick but holy hell

Short of covering up a murder though there is no way a school like Wichita State is parting ways with a guy like Marshall who wins a ton of games there.

Wow obviously can't believe they're actually going to pull the trigger