Coaching Carousel 2020

uneblinstu

Doc Rivers gets the job in Philly.  They had Woj on Get Up this morning and he said that, while being the top candidate for the Clippers job, Ty is still in the mix for the opening in New Orleans and also Houston very much wants to talk to him about their job.

Sounds to me like the odds are pretty good that Ty will be a head coach in the NBA again next season.

Edited by 49r

This guy has always been a noted dick but holy hell

Marshall taunted junior forward Isaiah Poor Bear-Chandler, who is of Native American descent, “to get back on his horse” and made “Indian howling noises” while in practice during the 2018-19 season.

Short of covering up a murder though there is no way a school like Wichita State is parting ways with a guy like Marshall who wins a ton of games there.

2 hours ago, 49r said:

How many coaches can boast winning NBA titles for multiple teams?  Gotta be a pretty select club.

***looks like it's three.  Phil Jackson, Pat Riley and Alex Hannum***

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NBA_championship_head_coaches

Phil Jackson and Pat Riley also Won NBA titles as players.  Like Tyronn.

If he is fortunate enough to win a championship coaching the Clippers, one would think that would make him a shoo-in for the hall of fame.

Would that be enough to warrant building a statue of him at PBA?

Edited by 49r

2 hours ago, 49r said:

If he is fortunate enough to win a championship coaching the Clippers, one would think that would make him a shoo-in for the hall of fame.

Lue ought to come to Lincoln and coach NU to big wins. That'd be a lot of fun. And I'm a big fan of Tyronn coachin' the Clips, btw. Hope he does very well in LA, he already was a part of two titles playing with the Lake Show.

14 hours ago, AuroranHusker said:

Lue ought to come to Lincoln and coach NU to big wins. That'd be a lot of fun. And I'm a big fan of Tyronn coachin' the Clips, btw. Hope he does very well in LA, he already was a part of two titles playing with the Lake Show.

I believe we are very well set at BB Coach at NU.

I'm happy we got Fred, and also happy for Ty Lue since he is stepping into a great situation.  I think Coach Lue wouldn't have been happy here in the long run.  He clearly has his eyes set on being a long-term NBA coach, and that's fine.  HCFH may one day also feel the itch to get back into professional coaching, but I think he is more likely to be content staying in college than Lue would have been.

23 hours ago, 49r said:

If he'd stayed here one more year, we'd probably have gone to the final four, and PBA would already be named after him.