Coaching Carousel 2020

uneblinstu

13 hours ago, 49r said:

Ty Lue seems to be the early favorite in this horse race though:

Bill Simmons was also talking about how he thought he'd make a good replacement in New Orleans.  Lue's reputation for being able to keep egos in check along with his coaching chops makes me think he's going to have a head coaching gig next season.

17 hours ago, 49r said:

Ty Lue seems to be the early favorite in this horse race though:

The Sixers may very well hire someone other than Jay Wright.  I'm just saying that the rumor they'd be interested in Wright was obviously going to come up.  He's uber successful, residing in the same city, and has always carried himself like a professional more than college coach.  Sixers being interested in Jay was about as obvious as Nebraska being interested in Frost.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, ConkintheCorner said:

Wonder what Tim's plan is..  Is he going to wait until his kids graduate?  I know this covid thru a wrench in to things but I figured he would have a job by now.

There's an opening at Texas State:

...and San Marcos seems like a pretty nice spot.

50 minutes ago, 49r said:

...and San Marcos seems like a pretty nice spot.

Interesting.  Why do you say that?  I've never been to San Marcos specifically but I've spent time in nearby San Antonio and New Braunfels...and they're not what I'd typically call "nice."  But then again I get grumpy in any hot and humid climate, so I may not have given the area a fair shake.

48 minutes ago, aphilso1 said:

Interesting.  Why do you say that?  I've never been to San Marcos specifically but I've spent time in nearby San Antonio and New Braunfels...and they're not what I'd typically call "nice."  But then again I get grumpy in any hot and humid climate, so I may not have given the area a fair shake.

It's a small (ish) town on the edge of Hill Country in Texas, with Austin and San Antonio both a short drive away.  I'd imagine it's a pretty decent place to be.  But the heat/humidity in summer would certainly be tough to acclimate to.

Wonder what Tim's plan is..  Is he going to wait until his kids graduate?  I know this covid thru a wrench in to things but I figured he would have a job by now.

COVID saved a lotta people’s jobs. Can’t fire somebody for not making the NCAA tournament when there isn’t one. I’m sure he wanted to get back in after this past season, but there weren’t very many openings, let alone ones he’d be interested in. Another year of TV work and then he’ll probably accept a mid major gig this coming spring