Cam Mack

2 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

Is us needing a PG enough to get him to skip AAU ball this summer and reclassify.  We got a visit so that means something but realistically where are we in his pecking order now and where are we in 2-4 months from now?

Is a guy who should still be in high school going to be ready to be your PG?  Maybe, but not often.

I promise I’m not trying to be a jerk and I fully realize this comes off very snarky. 

But him declaring for the NBA Draft is seriously the funniest thing I’ve heard all year. Like, after all the bad news, I really needed something funny to perk me up. 

Thank you Cam for the laughs. 

3 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

I'll be honest. Banks was that "I really needed something funny to perk me up" that I'll be hanging onto after this bad season for quite some time.

For me too.

Banks was the hero we didn't know we needed.

I’m trying to think why he would want to transfer from an up tempo, offense oriented power five program where he plays nearly 40 minutes a game.  He‘s not even making the G-League this year, so the only thing he’s doing is delaying his eventual (possible) entry into the League by a full year.  

Unless he thinks he can transfer to a blue blood to try to get more exposure, a-la “He Who Shall Not Be Named,” the third.  But that was a grad transfer situation.  Still have to sit out.  

1 hour ago, hal9000 said:

I’m trying to think why he would want to transfer from an up tempo, offense oriented power five program where he plays nearly 40 minutes a game.  He‘s not even making the G-League this year, so the only thing he’s doing is delaying his eventual (possible) entry into the League by a full year.  

Unless he thinks he can transfer to a blue blood to try to get more exposure, a-la “He Who Shall Not Be Named,” the third.  But that was a grad transfer situation.  Still have to sit out.  

It may all hinge on how transfers will be handled. I don’t see him wanting to sit out a year. 

While the suspensions were warranted they were all pretty small in nature outside of missing curfew. Will he mature in the offseason? Not sure. If he’s serious about making a run at the NBA he will have to. I would love to see him on the court with a few guys that can put the ball in the hoop. 

I'd love to see him back in a Nebraska uniform.  Idle speculation, but I'm guessing that some of his issues this year stemmed from having a bad supporting cast.  It's hard to stay locked in on the court when you feel like you're the only capable player, and perhaps that even bled into his off-court issues.  I'd be shocked to see him get drafted but it does seem that he'd like a change of scenery.  Nebraska offers him a great place to showcase his talents next year, but if this year left a bad taste in his mouth then that probably doesn't matter.

In summary, I hope he comes back but I'm guessing that he won't.

1 minute ago, Swan88 said:

This is what we all expected all along, right?  The only difference in the equation is the significance of late-season suspensions.

For me pretty much. I'd say the only unexpected thing was how quickly he declared due to him being suspended.  I saw him asking around for someone to help on edit before we were done playing which obviously was for his graphic to make a statement.

How much does Nebraska want him back? He's obviously talented but hypothetically if you think he's going to be an ongoing problem in the effort to install a culture and you can approximately replace him with Banton I'd think that Nebraska has the option to release him from the team for conduct after strike 4 in Minnesota. 

12 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

I found it interesting that it says "after discussing with my mom and family" but doesn't say anything about discussing with the one guy who has been there and done that.

I also found this interesting. They clearly have a strong relationship. I just hope her advice is what's best for all involved. 

And I don't often get what I hope for...

43 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

I found it interesting that it says "after discussing with my mom and family" but doesn't say anything about discussing with the one guy who has been there and done that.

I wasn't part of the conversation between Mack and Hoiberg, but I'd imagine it was:

"Either you get on board and follow the team rules or move on."

He likely opted for the latter. If that's the case, he'll probably transfer.

53 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

That is the problem with a lot of kids today.  Mom and dad or whomever is the one in their ear telling them they are the next superstar.  I have no issue with him dipping the toe like Roby did, but the kid flat out is not ready to play at the next level for reasons given above.