Hoiberg taken to hospital ☹️

PimpMario

7 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

I know Rob Dausler was saying it was irresponsible to let him coach and now that we know he had flu and he knew that he had the flu before he coached the game it's a pretty valid argument because this is also a contagious disease.

So now we're subject to criticism for going on with our business because we have the flu or a cold?   A "valid argument" that you can't coach a game in that situation?    Let's just shut down all businesses, schools and day care centers since carrying on with anything that can be possibly transmitted is a crime against humanity.   

9 minutes ago, HB said:

So now we're subject to criticism for going on with our business because we have the flu or a cold?   A "valid argument" that you can't coach a game in that situation?    Let's just shut down all businesses, schools and day care centers since carrying on with anything that can be possibly transmitted is a crime against humanity.   

It's an argument that you shouldn't coach just like it's an argument that when someone comes into an office sick because of some important thing or because they're very tough and then a couple weeks later everyone in the office is sick.  Now I'm sick because 'Bill from accounting' didn't stay home for a day but we weren't finished with the corporate taxes so what were we supposed to do?

I very much understand why Hoiberg coached and if he had to do it all over again he probably still does because that is what he is there to do.  I can also see why he shouldn't have though.

3 minutes ago, HB said:

Couple thoughts:

1. If someone is sick with the flu, but continues going about their business without any regard to how it might impact others, then absolutely they deserve criticism.
  2. It's also valid to criticize the capitalist system in place that makes people feel obligated to work when they're sick due to a lack of guaranteed benefits/not enough sick days.
  3. Did Fred *really* need to be on the bench to coach a 7-win team in the play-in round of the Big Ten tournament? Nebraska could've forfeited the game and the sun still would have come up this morning.
  4. Also, schools and businesses across the country are shutting down the non-essential in-person stuff and moving everything online as possible to try and limit the spread of infection.

2 minutes ago, Shawn Eichorst's Toupee said:

Couple thoughts:

1. If someone is sick with the flu, but continues going about their business without any regard to how it might impact others, then absolutely they deserve criticism.
  2. It's also valid to criticize the capitalist system in place that makes people feel obligated to work when they're sick due to a lack of guaranteed benefits/not enough sick days.
  3. Did Fred *really* need to be on the bench to coach a 7-win team in the play-in round of the Big Ten tournament? Nebraska could've forfeited the game and the sun still would have come up this morning.
  4. Also, schools and businesses across the country are shutting down the non-essential in-person stuff and moving everything online as possible to try and limit the spread of infection.

I knew this thread would morph into world view and political crap.   Screw you Eichorst and your silly Utopian politics.  

Just now, HB said:

I knew this thread would morph into world view and political crap.   Screw you Eichorst and your silly Utopian politics.  

I'm not entirely sure how me saying "if people are sick, they should stay home and employers should accommodate that" is a silly utopia.

44 minutes ago, Shawn Eichorst's Toupee said:

Couple thoughts:

K-State just did this very thing. 

23 minutes ago, HolyBobpilgrimage said:

deleted the app and also prepping to delete my fb account here soon. Too much social media is INCREDIBLY toxic to our daily mental health. only now starting to realize how bad it is

Yep.  Saw someone comment on twitter last night that Hoiberg should be charged with homicide for coaching the game.

Edited by 49r

23 minutes ago, HolyBobpilgrimage said:

deleted the app and also prepping to delete my fb account here soon. Too much social media is INCREDIBLY toxic to our daily mental health. only now starting to realize how bad it is

I am one of the few 24 year olds i know who doesn't have Twitter, fb, instagram, etc.

Found myself wasting WAY TOO MUCH time on social media and, as you mentioned, it can be very toxic on there.

I use snapchat and this board (yes you should feel special 😂) thats it. Other than that I talk to and see my family and friends regularly.

17 minutes ago, khoock said:

I am one of the few 24 year olds i know who doesn't have Twitter, fb, instagram, etc.

Found myself wasting WAY TOO MUCH time on social media and, as you mentioned, it can be very toxic on there.

I use snapchat and this board (yes you should feel special 😂) thats it. Other than that I talk to and see my family and friends regularly.

You gonna get sick...😐

31 minutes ago, khoock said:

great to hear from you. I like this philosophy / change in lifestyle. Social media honestly should be so much more limited in how much time it gets, people care so much and in reality, it's all stupid and not real public favor. with exceptions, of course. I enjoy NBA twitter, but it's very limited ofc. I think everyone I know quit using facebook a few years ago, although most of us still have accounts. It seems scary to cut off entirely, but I'll be doing that with facebook in the next couple days.

I'm 28 for context. Always good to remind ourselves that even on this site we have a diversity of ages and generations represented. Love this forum, you made a good choice keeping us on the shortlist ;)

56 minutes ago, khoock said:

It's all about moderation. Moderate the time online. It's all good, khoock.