Hoiberg taken to hospital ☹️

PimpMario

4 minutes ago, demone said:

The media in today’s society does not report news...they rush to judge any behavior that will generate clicks, they spout opinions regardless of fact, and has no objective other than to incite an emotional response from the lemmings who take their words to heart. No one bothers to understand that there was nothing that could have been done to stop or contain this virus . It’s sad that it will end in a worst case scenario for what I continue to hope is a limited number of people, but all we can do is be aware and do our best to live a hygienic life. The rest has been out of our hands since the beginning. 

Painting any large institution with several outlets with one broad brush can't be anything but inaccurate. There are clickbait sites and then there is real journalism going on at many different locations. They are not close to the same thing. The 24 hour news channels have created the need for content to fill those hours that has lead to ambulance chasing, but if you want to find good journalism you really don't have to look that far.

4 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

Protocol at the hospitals I've been to, is test for flu and if that comes back negative, then request from local govt a test for CV. 

Yeah if he tested positive for a known flu strain it would come back quickly

4 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

I like you cip. I have no idea what's wrong with Hoiberg. Just don't want people to burry their heads in the sand, and think these cancellations have no legitimacy. This shit is going around and people need to realize losing basketball for the rest of the year may be on the table. And it isn't the fault of Gobert and it isn't the fault of (maybe) Hoiberg. And I pray and hope for the best for Fred. Don't know what path I'm going down, seems like people might need a reality check.

I enjoy the crap out of you, also!  I have lived through the scares of global cooling (the coming Ice Age scare of the 1970's), world starvation, Nuclear devastation, AIDS, MERS, SARS, bird flu, swine flu, Y2K, ebola, and today's global climate change where Bernie Sanders just said today we only have 8 years to make a change or we all will die.  Can you see why I'm a bit skeptic of this latest "crisis"?  I've never buried my head in the sand.  However, I will never yell "Fire" in a crowded theater.  

Reality checks are in the eye of the beholder.

Just now, TheGov21 said:

I'm just wondering if they kept Nebraska in the locker room to play it safe. Things checking out well with Hoiberg and that they passed along to the arena that it was safe for the team to leave.

That's just the hope

That seems to be what happened.

6 minutes ago, bleujay said:

so will the team get tested when they return to nebraska? man this is nuts. thoughts out to fred and the men's team. 

Until they're symptomatic probably not, they'll be quarantined, if they show symptoms then easier tests will be done (ie: Flu), if flu comes back negative, then they'll be tested for CV - this is how it's currently done for everyone - hence why people are worried. Testing is not even close to being enough. 

3 minutes ago, Swan88 said:

“A source close to the team said Coach Hoiberg has been released from the hospital. At this time, It appears he is suffering from flu-like symptoms.“

We had a bunch of illnesses earlier with the team. Did the coach finally catch that at an extremely inopportune time?

3 minutes ago, cipsucks said:

I enjoy the crap out of you, also!  I have lived through the scares of global cooling (the coming Ice Age scare of the 1970's), world starvation, Nuclear devastation, AIDS, MERS, SARS, bird flu, swine flu, Y2K, ebola, and today's global climate change where Bernie Sanders just said today we only have 8 years to make a change or we all will die.  Can you see why I'm a bit skeptic of this latest "crisis"?  I've never buried my head in the sand.  However, I will never yell "Fire" in a crowded theater.  

Reality checks are in the eye of the beholder.

No I get it, I'm not worried about society as a whole, or 99% of people - but I work in health care, and I know even if this is on the safe side, and it's only a little deadlier than the flu - we will still lose many people - and I've just seen this underplayed as a media hoax, and no deadlier than the flu - and that touched a cord with me, because I know for many Americans it's gonna be so much more than that. 

2 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

Until they're symptomatic probably not, they'll be quarantined, if they show symptoms then easier tests will be done (ie: Flu), if flu comes back negative, then they'll be tested for CV - this is how it's currently done for everyone - hence why people are worried. Testing is not even close to being enough. 

To piggy back on this, at least where I am located, a Dr. requests the test. A consult is then made to an infectious disease MD. If they agree a test is required a call is made to the CDC. The CDC then makes the final call if the test should be administered. No red tape at all.