Hoiberg taken to hospital ☹️

PimpMario

2 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

BS that Fred is getting blasted right now.  This is more widespread than we think right now and it just all needs to be canceled.  

Maybe I'm reading something different than what you're reading but it seems like it's more about someone administratively above Hoiberg telling him not to coach tonight.

5 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

BS that Fred is getting blasted right now.  This is more widespread than we think right now and it just all needs to be canceled.  

Like I said, if Hoiberg and Gobert have it - its already too late for the NCAA - its out there. It's Hoiberg today - its 30 NCAA Tournament players by the First 4. People are being naive. 

24 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

Guess what, if it wasn't Fred today, it was a Duke player tomorrow, an Oregon player Friday, a Illinois coach Saturday.....This whole thing was a house of cards when they decided not to cancel it.

Very true ... he won't be the only if he in fact has it. A person is contagious before they even exhibit symptoms with this virus, so it wouldn't have really mattered. But it does reiterate why we are canceling large gatherings.

2 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

Like I said, if Hoiberg and Gobert have it - its already too late for the NCAA - its out there. It's Hoiberg today - its 30 NCAA Tournament players by the First 4. People are being naive. 

You have no idea what is wrong with Hoiberg.  Shame on you for going down this path.  Speculation sucks.

2 minutes ago, cipsucks said:

You have no idea what is wrong with Hoiberg.  Shame on you for going down this path.  Speculation sucks.

We live in a society where the media has to rush to be first and to generate the most clicks.  Facts be damned and let's ignore the horribly negative effects this has on the people involved by rushing to judgement or jumping to premature conclusions.

6 minutes ago, cipsucks said:

That's why he said "IF" ... we are finding the virus everywhere. It's not just popping up necessarily, but rather it is revealing itself or we are discovering it. Many people have likely had it and not known. It's not dangerous to most people.

6 minutes ago, cipsucks said:

I like you cip. I have no idea what's wrong with Hoiberg. Just don't want people to burry their heads in the sand, and think these cancellations have no legitimacy. This shit is going around and people need to realize losing basketball for the rest of the year may be on the table. And it isn't the fault of Gobert and it isn't the fault of (maybe) Hoiberg. And I pray and hope for the best for Fred. Don't know what path I'm going down, seems like people might need a reality check.

The media in today’s society does not report news...they rush to judge any behavior that will generate clicks, they spout opinions regardless of fact, and has no objective other than to incite an emotional response from the lemmings who take their words to heart. No one bothers to understand that there was nothing that could have been done to stop or contain this virus . It’s sad that it will end in a worst case scenario for what I continue to hope is a limited number of people, but all we can do is be aware and do our best to live a hygienic life. The rest has been out of our hands since the beginning. 

10 minutes ago, cipsucks said:

But at the same time they are quarantining the team. So he must have symptoms that mirror the virus. Don't see the need for shaming. Seems to be a bit much.

32 minutes ago, Nebrasketball1979 said:

Yikes, this is scary but agree everyone needs to let all the facts com out before condemning Fred.  Sending thoughts and prayers to Fred for a speedy recovery, whatever the issue.

image.png

Told by a source close to the situation, yet no one can get close to the team.